Sponsored by:

Forest Green

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Spizz Oil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forest Green

In today's Autocar - Joy of Specs section, they recommend the following for a Carrera:

- Forest Green (is that the same as Rainforest?)
- Sport design wheels
- bi-xenons
- rear wiper
- sport steering wheel

What do you think?

Any thoughts on Forest? (I like Rainforest) Will it resale ok?

Spizz
Old 08-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure about your market, but in my part of Canada, dark green is the kiss of death. No one goes for Rain Forest Green here. We did better with the Dark Teal (Lagoon Green), but not by much.

Personally, I also think the rear wiper is a waste of time. It ruins the lines of the car, and from my experience, doesn't do much. Maybe it's different in rainy climates.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:36 PM
ericdee
Racer

"dark green is the kiss of death" Same here.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:47 AM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Spizz Oil
What do you think?

Any thoughts on Forest? (I like Rainforest) Will it resale ok?

Spizz
When it comes to a Porsche condition is everything......regardless of color if it is within reason. Rainforest and Forest green are stunning colors, and with the right interior are very classy looking. When most see them in person, they often change their mind very quickly.

Lifes too short, order what YOU like.......if you keep it in great condition there will always be buyers. IMO to many people order the boring colors......get something original.

Rainforest on left, Forest is right......
Old 08-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeN

Lifes too short, order what YOU like.......if you keep it in great condition there will always be buyers. IMO to many people order the boring colors......get something original.

I totally agree. I am so sick of seeing silver and black cars all the time. And working for a dealership, it's amazing just how many silver or black cars there are. I mean, silver and black look great, but they're so unoriginal and dull.

I actually get customers in that buy a car based on what will be easy for them to sell. I ask them what they like, and then they decide to order a boring car because it will be easy to resell. So why bother buying one if you're not going to enjoy it fully?

As I said earlier, dark greens are not popular here, but as they say, there's an *** for every seat, and when you do go to sell down the road, your car will sell. I say order what you want.

And for the record, I plan on ordering a Maritime Blue Boxster in the next year or so, so obviously resale is not one of my priorities.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Go for Guards Red.

Forest Green Met is a very dark green, still nice, but not as grabbing as Rainforest. I love Cobalt Blue as well. Looks amazing in person.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 08-11-2004, 06:06 PM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Go for Guards Red.

Forest Green Met is a very dark green, still nice, but not as grabbing as Rainforest. I love Cobalt Blue as well. Looks amazing in person.
Cobalt Blue just doesn't do it for me.......I guess I'm just getting tired of all the "electric" type medium blues that everyone has today......Subie STI, 350Z, Hondas, etc......seems to be the rage now........used to think Lapis Blue was a
neat color......looks like a lot of others out there today.

Still like the dark metallic blues though........Midnight Blue will never go out of style.......

Now if Porsche would only bring back Iris Blue and Amazon Green.......those are really some awesome colors to me........just an opinion......
Old 08-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Default Great Color

I had that on my '98 993 C2S......check the photo site on my profile.....

It was a special order option in 1998 to the tune of $4,000 and I had no trouble selling the car to a collector last fall at a premium price........It is rarely seen in the US

By the way Eric, the Porsche was special ordered by the owner of your dealership in Charlotte.........
Old 08-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Spizz Oil
Instructor

Thanks everyone. Had not appreciated that Rainforest and Forest were different colours. Have to say that I prefer Rainforest.....but that is a special order. So back to the drawing board.

Guards Red - a possibility
Cobalt - perhaps it is a bit Subaru
Maritime - now that is an interesting idea....but would it resale?

Spizz
Old 08-12-2004, 06:26 PM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Maritime is one color I *would* worry about the resale on.......just far enough out there to require a very specialized buyer......but it is a neat one......
Old 08-13-2004, 04:37 AM
Future_Owner
Track Day

How does Dark Teal compare to rainforest and forest green, is it darker or lighter?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Yeah, but without Maritime, Magenta, Turqoise metallic, violet, neon green, orange, etc... cars floating around the Porsche world, how exciting would it really be? Silver, White, Black, Red, Yellow get old after a while. (personally ive always been a fan of Lamborghini's color approach...)

As the saying goes..."There's a butt for every seat!" There will always be a buyer for your car, regardless of color and options. Some times it just takes a little more time to find that person. I say buy the car that makes you happy. Life is too short to think about what you are gonna do in the future if you order a creative color and want to sell.

On to rainforest green, i know someone with a Boxster that color. Its awesome in the light. Green works just like Blue though... shows EVERYTHING and all knicks go straight to white and become bery visible. If you take care of your paint though, green metallics are very rewarding i think. I saw a 911 in that color the other day. It really works well for these cars!
Old 08-13-2004, 10:12 AM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Future_Owner
How does Dark Teal compare to rainforest and forest green, is it darker or lighter?

Thanks
Dark Teal is more of a muted green compared to rainforest and forest. I once thought about it really hard.......but IMO it really doesn't stand out enough. Nice color, but I'd be picking Midnight Blue over it. One color I do like a lot is the new Atlas Grey.......ya, were getting back to the greys again, but to see it in person is another story.......has a slight touch of blue in it........I really like it.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Future_Owner
Track Day

Originally Posted by MikeN
Dark Teal is more of a muted green compared to rainforest and forest. I once thought about it really hard.......but IMO it really doesn't stand out enough. Nice color, but I'd be picking Midnight Blue over it. One color I do like a lot is the new Atlas Grey.......ya, were getting back to the greys again, but to see it in person is another story.......has a slight touch of blue in it........I really like it.

Thanks Mike,

I have been flipping back and forth between Atlas Grey, Dark Teal and Basalt Black.

Quick Reply: Forest Green