GT3 bumper fitment - Ducting

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2024, 01:16 PM
AustinSedz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 bumper fitment - Ducting

Hi there,

I posted in the GT3 section but maybe that was the wrong spot and was hoping someone in here could help me!
I am essentially trying to fit a 997.2 GT3 bumper cover on the front of my car with the regular third radiator.
I know i need new ducting for all 3 radiators.

I know the GT3 ducting for the outside radiators is P/N 99757532291 and 99757532191.
However, the centre radiator on the GT3 is angled forward instead of backward and has different ducting to chimney the airflow up out of the top of the bumper cover.
My radiator is obv angled backward and drafts downward so the GT3 ducting wouldn't fit or be compatible.
I do not want to change all of that and get a new radiator so I am looking for a solution.

I see the aerokit bumper is very similar to the GT3 bumper and is compatible with the regular radiator.
Would the aerokit center ducting be compatible with the GT3 bumper cover P/N 997-575-141-07?
If it is, is it compatible with the GT3 outer radiator ducts?
Are there different aerokit outer radiator ducts that are compatible with the aerokit centre ducting that are still compatible with the GT3 bumper cover?

I currently have the bumper cover back from paint with the retaining frames/lights/grilles, i just need the appropriate ducting to get this all mounted up!

I'd appreciate the help!
Old 06-07-2024, 11:13 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

The GT3 cars have the front bumper top vent to allow the air through the radiator to escape. The aero kit Carreras do not and have a different under belly pan that has ducts to allow the radiator air to escape out those gaps under the car. You can create an air escape gap between the bumper and under tray just by putting some spacers between them and using longer fasteners. Put the under tray above the bumper then the spacer then the bumper so it allows the air to flow out and doesn't catch on anything.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:36 AM
AustinSedz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Petza914
The GT3 cars have the front bumper top vent to allow the air through the radiator to escape. The aero kit Carreras do not and have a different under belly pan that has ducts to allow the radiator air to escape out those gaps under the car. You can create an air escape gap between the bumper and under tray just by putting some spacers between them and using longer fasteners. Put the under tray above the bumper then the spacer then the bumper so it allows the air to flow out and doesn't catch on anything.
Thanks for the reply!
Yes, I am familiar with the ducting behind the radiator.
I already have that ducting that was installed along with the radiator.
I intend on cutting holes using a dremel so it can vent appropriately like this:

my question pertains to the ducting in front of the radiator, that is used to direct the outside air at the radiator (number 9 in this photo)

As I mentioned, due to the nature of the GT3 and it's upward drafting, the radiator is leaning forward instead of backward.
Every other model from c2 to c4 has the radiator leaning backwards so the air drafts downward.
I am not sure if the gt3 ducting piece is compatible with the downward drafting radiator.
Since the aerokit bumper appears to have similar cutouts in the bumper to the gt3 bumper, i need to know if the aerokit version of this piece is compatible with the gt3 bumper, and if it is, are the aerokit side radiator ducts compatible as well?
Can I run all 3 aerokit pieces (and do people have part numbers), do i run outer gt3 pieces and an aerokit center, or do i run all 3 gt3 pieces and there are no compatibility issues to worry about?
Old 06-07-2024, 11:43 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Can't answer that one for you as I've never installed a GT3 or Aerokit bumper, just the Vorsteiner on my wife's car that doesn't run a center radiator, but I had to trim her side ducting to mate up to the shape of the new bumper. My car has the RUF front bumper with center radiator but all that came as part of the R-Kompressor kit that was fitted during the conversion at 7k miles by the original owner (I'm the 3rd) but the RUF bumper has the top vent to allow the air to exit above rather than below.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:53 AM
AustinSedz
Intermediate

H

Here is the gt3 vent.
Is it compatible with the c4s radiator?
P/N 99757514191
Old 06-07-2024, 11:58 AM
AustinSedz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Petza914
Can't answer that one for you as I've never installed a GT3 or Aerokit bumper, just the Vorsteiner on my wife's car that doesn't run a center radiator, but I had to trim her side ducting to mate up to the shape of the new bumper. My car has the RUF front bumper with center radiator but all that came as part of the R-Kompressor kit that was fitted during the conversion at 7k miles by the original owner (I'm the 3rd) but the RUF bumper has the top vent to allow the air to exit above rather than below.
ahhh fair enough!
I really don’t want to mess with the radiator and the venting behind it so basically I need to know if I go gt3 duct and it fits, Aerokit duct and it fits, or aero kit duct and it’ll need a trim. The duct I have now absolutely will not work so no point in trying there
Old 06-08-2024, 11:49 PM
M3tro81
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

Check with Emc2design, they make a kit to adapt the 997.1 radiator to fit with the 997.2 front bumper. If they don’t have a solution that would work for you I bet they would have knowledge of what ducting fits with which rad and front bumper combo.

Quick Reply: GT3 bumper fitment - Ducting