No power to PCCM

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 11:57 AM
escheids
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to PCCM

Hi All,
I have a 2006 997 C4. The PCCM works off the battery, with a statement that it will work for a limited time as it is running off the battery. As soon as I put the key in the ignition, or turn on accessory mode, or start the car, the PCCM shuts down and will not function. It seems like it is ignition switch related, but before I swap it out has anyone heard of this before. Any ideas are appreciated.

Ed
Old 06-01-2024, 04:05 PM
escheids
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by escheids
Hi All,
I have a 2006 997 C4. The PCCM works off the battery, with a statement that it will work for a limited time as it is running off the battery. As soon as I put the key in the ignition, or turn on accessory mode, or start the car, the PCCM shuts down and will not function. It seems like it is ignition switch related, but before I swap it out has anyone heard of this before. Any ideas are appreciated.

Ed
Since no other ideas, I swapped out the ignition switch with a new one. That didn't work so I am back to the beginning $300 poorer. The only function that works on the PCCM is the disc eject with the car in accessory or engine running mode. Again, anyone have any ideas.

Ed
Old 06-02-2024, 12:03 AM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by escheids
Since no other ideas, I swapped out the ignition switch with a new one. That didn't work so I am back to the beginning $300 poorer. The only function that works on the PCCM is the disc eject with the car in accessory or engine running mode. Again, anyone have any ideas.

Ed
I assume it wasn’t an issue with the PCM that was installed previously? Assuming you’re sure you hooked everything up correctly (see the guide on these boards), it’s possible you got a defective unit.
Old 06-02-2024, 10:04 AM
escheids
3rd Gear

I should have been more clear, the PCM is the original. It stopped working after a short period of storage that required a battery replacement. I originally thought the PCM was bad and was going to upgrade it when I discovered that it functioned while the car was not started. So, it may have some issues now but the hookup was done by the Porsche Factory.

Quick Reply: No power to PCCM