Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nashville - Car inspection

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024 | 12:55 PM
far911
7th Gear

Default Nashville - Car inspection

I am looking to buy a 997.2 from Nashville and the shop selling the car is asking that the tech that will do the PPI to come over to their shop vs taking the car to any other shop. None of the shops I contacted are willing to send a tech out Hoping this group can help me out with some other ideas. I am in California so was hoping to get an inspection before I fly out. Any enthusiast want to go and do a test drive?

cheers
Old 05-15-2024 | 11:34 AM
cdzg2002
Track Day

I live in Nashville and I went to look at a 997.2 C@S manual (all black) I think from 2009 at Global Motorsport in Brentwood - a few miles from my house. They would not let me take the car to my Porsche preferred shop that's about 15 miles from their location, they would not show me maintenance records either. Rick told me to have their on-site tech do the PPI - but I told him that was conflict of interest and I didn't feel good about that. I then asked to take the car to the Porsche dealership nearby for a DME report to see if there were any ignitions beyond range 3 (because the dealership still does the DME even though they don't do the PPI) - and at that time I was told that I was asking too many questions and that they were going to sell the car to the next guy that buys it without asking so much. I walked away.
Old 05-15-2024 | 12:25 PM
far911
7th Gear

I was also looking at the same car and got exactly the same responses! His suggestion was for me to fly over and take a look at the car. I too decided to not go ahead without that information
Old 05-15-2024 | 12:30 PM
cdzg2002
Track Day

There is another 2009 997.2 C2S manual on a bid website PCARMARKET - the car is located in Knoxville, TN. In case you are interested on that one. I looked at the car and it's nice too, the guy will let you send it to a nearby indy shop to do the PPI. I walked away from it because I was not comfortable with 2 things = the DME report came back having several ignitions beyond range 3 and it was a track car that had the power steering pump removed and replaced with an electric power steering pump and the PPI said that the pump was not the greatest one to have long term.
Old 05-16-2024 | 10:58 AM
signde
Racer

Nashvillian here - is the Global Motorsports car mentioned the same one you were looking at?

Kinda off-putting to hear that sort of response from them. They have a Porsche tech, Jay, who is one of the best in town. So many of my friends take their cars to him.

There has been a been staff shakeup there in the last 6 months, several of the folks in sales I knew from there are gone.
Old 05-16-2024 | 12:26 PM
cdzg2002
Track Day

Yes, we were talking about the same car. Jay is still there at Global Motorsports in Brentwood. I talked with Jay and he told me that I should be able to take the car to another garage to do the PPI. I liked talking with Jay.
Old 05-16-2024 | 07:11 PM
signde
Racer

I trust Jay a lot, he is a standup guy. I’m doubt he would pull any punches in the PPI but it is still a conflict of interest so that is beside the point. I would walk away from any seller who pushes back on a 3rd party PPI or DME.

Quick Reply: Nashville - Car inspection