Sponsored by:

New 997.1 owner here

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 10:03 PM
ronwcole
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NC3Pedal
Love the color. I had an '06 Carrera Cab in seal gray and with a stone gray top. Same wheels. Car would look even better with clear side marker lights. Cheap upgrade, piece of cake to install. Can get them from Suncoast or Pelican.
Yes that’s on my ever growing list haha.
Old 05-09-2024, 10:40 PM
cvalue13
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Watching the PPF debate with interest. I hear both sides.

With one exception; the advise to not follow trucks etc. may work anywhere without a lot of trucks or with only single lane highways.

but try and travel eg from Austin to Houston on hwy 10 and “avoid” trucks. Then remember that attempting to pass trucks is the equivalent of tailgating them for that last ~150’ or so, when you’ll catch a rock at high velocity on your passenger side glass/body.

ask me how I know

Old 05-23-2024, 01:33 PM
ronwcole
Rennlist Member

Quick update: had a new head unit installed, thorough detail with ceramic coating and added some new shoes! BBS LM's in gold. Really like the way she is turning out. Next up is a suspension mod. Nothing too drastic as I am not into a really low look. Any suggestions on this?
Attached Images     
The following 2 users liked this post by ronwcole:
Graufuchs (05-25-2024), SupremePower (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 02:02 PM
Sporty
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 287 Posts

BBS looks very nice, although the gold not my style. Please do those climate control buttons before anything else!
Old 05-23-2024, 02:05 PM
Arione
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ronwcole
Hey there everyone. I sold my 1988 guards red Carrera coupe 18 years ago and always regretted it. Since then I’ve, off and on, been thinking about getting another. About a month ago I started looking more seriously. The search was so fun. I was open to a coupe, targa or cab. My budget started out at under $30k so I was looking at some 996’s locally (based in Southern California). After missing out on some very clean ones I started to look at some 997.1’s that were “just a bit more” haha. Whatever your budgets were when searching I’m sure you can relate. Anyway I happened to find a really well kept 2006 Carrera S cabriolet in seal grey metallic. It was a three owner car, clean title with owners that did all of preventative maintenance. Long story short I had the PPI done and it checked out. Also had it bore scoped and it was clean. I’ve appreciated Rennlist and all of you for being a great resource on this journey. (Was a member 20 years ago but couldn’t remember my user name and pw).

Now I begin the process of making it my own. I’ve already scheduled to put in a new head unit to have Apple CarPlay. I also want to protect the paint which is in incredible shape. Definitely will do a ceramic coating but debating on an XPel Fusion PPF. Got a quote for $5500 for the entire car or $2500 for the front end. Any thoughts? I’m sure there will be other “upgrades” I’ll consider but I just look forward to enjoying the car with my wife this summer.

Thanks y’all and have a great one.

Dont ceramic coat it, it bonds to the paint permanently. Xpel is a good solution.

Dont do an aftermarket head unit. Get the Porsche Classic Radio from the dealer, it'll keep your bose MOST system and keep it sounding good.

When you take it in have your fuel lines checked and your coolant bottle, both of mine cracked 2 years ago. Air oil seperator is also a good time out item to consider replacing.

Old 05-23-2024, 02:26 PM
ronwcole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Arione
Dont ceramic coat it, it bonds to the paint permanently. Xpel is a good solution.

Dont do an aftermarket head unit. Get the Porsche Classic Radio from the dealer, it'll keep your bose MOST system and keep it sounding good.

When you take it in have your fuel lines checked and your coolant bottle, both of mine cracked 2 years ago. Air oil seperator is also a good time out item to consider replacing.
Appreciate your thoughts but all have been done already haha.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:35 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,695 Likes on 2,808 Posts

Your Fan & TEMP HVAC buttons need replacing. FInd on amazon
What ever happened with the Bore Scope Inspection you were going have done again?

Old 05-26-2024, 04:02 PM
ronwcole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Your Fan & TEMP HVAC buttons need replacing. FInd on amazon
What ever happened with the Bore Scope Inspection you were going have done again?
Buttons are arriving on Thursday!
The following users liked this post:
groovzilla (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 06:36 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ronwcole
Buttons are arriving on Thursday!
WHat about the Bore Scoring issue? Did you get it rescoped?
Old 05-28-2024, 01:08 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Enjoy your new toy!

Last edited by groovzilla; 05-29-2024 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: New 997.1 owner here