Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed in my 997, what to do

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 05:21 PM
E39to911
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks everyone. Dropped the car off at Blue Chip on Friday, and was really impressed with the Tech. I will carnally let everyone know what they reccoemdnt / what they find. Here is the list I left with them:

1. Replacement of Steering Rack, Tie Rod Assemblies & Associated Components. Alignment Required w/ Repair
2. Balance of 50k mile service:​​​​​​
--Clean & Lubricate Seals
--Blow Out Radiator Faces
--Differential Fluid Service
--Transmission Fluid Service
3. Rotational Sound from front end (may have stopped, but still concerned):
--Recently when driving with window down, hear a very subtle rotational sound at every wheel rotation
--Saturday 13APR – Heard it get louder, then a metallic sound of something falling off car. Walked area, and found nothing
--Friday 03MAY – Identical situation to 13APR, rotational sound stopped
4. Passenger seat vibration when driving over 65MPH (and seat empty)
--Had tires road forced balanced in January/February 2024 – helped a ton, but wonder if it is my wheels spacers or are tires ‘cupped?’
5. Would love to have suspension components checked and see if there are any worn bushings or components that would be beneficial to repair / replace
Old 05-12-2024, 05:57 PM
RoadtripRyan
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BarnacleSteve
I’ve done coilovers but that’s about it. What would you recommend? Some of these bushings are probably rotted
I started with coilovers as well but was not satisfied. The first gen PASM is just not good, or at least the 17 y old ones i had werent. So I switched to KW V3 which was a major upgrade. Felt like a better car, still not perfect though. Then i did almost all bushings, including engine mounts, control arms, tie rod, stabi rubber… pretty much whatever was possible. I did skip on the transmission bushings though, did not have the tool. From my point of view it made no sense to only do some of the small parts, since everything is connected. So why not do all parts at once, realignment is required anyway.

Now its a new car, also removed the occasional rattle/squeak noises it had.

Quick Reply: Disappointed in my 997, what to do