Sponsored by:

Catalyst Monitor Limit Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 11:20 PM
Skube
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Catalyst Monitor Limit Issue

I have a 2009 Carrera C2 Manual, with a tuned ECU (Fabspeed), also running a Fabspeed X Pipe and Soul Headers/Cats; not sure the add on parts matter as much.

I recently replaced my spark plugs, coil packs, and all 4 O2 sensors; no change to the problem, not surprised - I changed mechanical things.

I have no CEL, car runs great, no start issues, I have done short and long drives, no issues.

I live in MD and my county requires emissions testing, and I had issues but finally passed after several tests. Throughout the emissions testing process I used my iCarsoft to look at what I could.

So here is what I found...

One of the emissions tests/checks won't set, it always says 0, most of the reading I did said to drive the car more, drive it hard, drive it slow, there was even a drive at "x" speed for this long, accelerate to "y'" speed and drive longer, and then do it all over. I did it all, stop watch in hand, then just drove it hard, and kept doing emissions tests until finally they passed me. I think they allow 1 parameter unset.

So now to what I found - The Maximum Limit on the Cat Monitor is set to 0.000, same as the Minimum Limit, so there is no valid value for it to set, and the test value is 0.000, and this value needs to be greater than 0, but less than 1.

Information since it was last reset, shows I drove 804 miles, so I drove more than enough, started it more than enough, not sure what the issue is.

So next I scanned my daily car, 2011 Hyundai Sonata, and you can see that the Min is 0.000, Max is 1.000 and the test value is set at 0.12, and this car sets all emissions parameters.

Some other information from the scan tool, the O2 sensors are working.

Thoughts? I dont have a PIWIS nor know anyone with one. I talked to my local P-Car dealer and they didn't know. I have talked to FabSpeed and they have no idea either.

I have not returned the ECU to factory tune yet, been concerned about flashing the ECU because I was able to get it to pass emission tests, and it runs fine.

Anyone ever see this?

Anyone in the Millersville, MD or Annapolis, MD area with a PIWIS that wants to try and set the Max value to 1.000?

Last edited by Skube; 03-27-2024 at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Catalyst Monitor Limit Issue