Sponsored by:

2005 Carrera S enters the 21st-century…

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 03:14 AM
prestonj67
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quickxotica
I agree the wiring isn't intuitive. I went with a Sony XAV9000-ES head unit and an external amp. The resulting sound through the original BOSE speakers is awesome (to my ears) and having wireless CarPlay is essential for a DD..

Do your chimes still work ? I wasn't sure if they are routed through the Bose amp or stand alone from the audio system.
Did you use any type of adapter harness for the amplifier or did you just splice into the stock speaker wires ? I've been looking for an adapter harness for the Bose amplifier but haven't found one.
Old 03-12-2024, 03:14 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by prestonj67
Do your chimes still work ? I wasn't sure if they are routed through the Bose amp or stand alone from the audio system.
Did you use any type of adapter harness for the amplifier or did you just splice into the stock speaker wires ? I've been looking for an adapter harness for the Bose amplifier but haven't found one.
Hi. Yes, my chimes still work: 1. Four chimes on startup unless seatbelt is buckled ahead of time. 2. Repeating chimes if you drive away without the seatbelt buckled, or if you remove your seatbelt while in motion.

I ordered a wiring harness adaptor from Crutchfield, but in the end I didn't need it because there was already an adaptor behind the Pioneer unit that came with the car. All I did was identify all the wires based on how they were wired to the old unit, label them on the adaptor (since they were unlabeled by the prior installer), and then remove the old unit and replace with the Sony ES unit.
Old 03-12-2024, 03:24 PM
prestonj67
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the information about the chimes.
You stated you had an external amplifier ie you removed the Bose amplifier. I was curious about how that was wired in.
Sounds like it may have been done by the previous installer.

Quick Reply: 2005 Carrera S enters the 21st-century…