Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Options for Frunk Storage Container / Organizer

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2024 | 02:13 PM
Zingerman88
Advanced

Default Options for Frunk Storage Container / Organizer

I acquired my 997.2 4S recently and went crazy searching for a frunk organizer that would fit a small tool/emergency kit, along with all of my car wash & detailing gear. I wash my car at a nearby self-wash station so i wanted something that i can easy transport in and out of the trunk when needed. After 6 tries, I found an organizer that fit great, used most of the space in the frunk and was sturdy. More importantly, it had to have a water resistant base (in the event of a spillage) and decent enough height so that i can fit the taller 11-spray bottles. I browsed through a number of threads here that suggested rubbermaid containers and the one organizer that was suggested the most, just didn't have the height requirement to fit the taller spray bottles. The one that i settled on was this MIU organizer from Amazon (note that this is for 4S cars with no cd changer in the frunk). Hope this is helpful for folks that were searching for organization. Link -
HERE HERE

Pics
The internal organizer boards are removable and fastened via Velcro. The straps on the side are removable and are made to anchor the box. Given that there are no latch points in the small frunk (to my knowledge), I removed the stability straps. Overall it's made with vert study materials (1680d polyester) - was impressed give that this was a no-name brand from Amazon.

Everything fit nicely with room to spare. The cover is also removable and attaches at the front and back with velcro

The side handles are sturdy and reinforced with some fake leather.

Closes nicely, with some room to spare on top (3-5 inches).

The following 2 users liked this post by Zingerman88:
Tj40 (03-05-2024), wjk_glynn (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024 | 08:48 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

If you've a C2/C2S, this is another option.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...n-for-2wd.html

But it may not work for AWD/GTS models...
Old 03-05-2024 | 11:44 PM
Zingerman88
Advanced

Originally Posted by wjk_glynn
If you've a C2/C2S, this is another option.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...n-for-2wd.html

But it may not work for AWD/GTS models...
That's such a great option too! Like the contrasting red color and I imagine that you'll never have to worry about leaks.
Old 03-06-2024 | 11:24 PM
Dragon997
Racer

Ditto on the Home Depot storage bin linked in the above post. Fits like a glove in my 997.1. Having a clear top is a big plus, too.
Old 03-07-2024 | 02:29 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

I love that it has a cover to prevent errant under-hood dents from loose cargo after hitting bumps. Bought!

Last edited by nwGTS; 03-07-2024 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2024 | 04:55 PM
arcadia234
Advanced

I had a set of these in an older GTI so bought them for my frunk and they are perfect. I really like that I can move them around (there is velcro on the bottom) depending on what I am hauling around. They sort of snap together as well so I can set up any number of cubby holes.

Old 03-17-2024 | 10:42 AM
Breizh
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Zingerman88
I acquired my 997.2 4S recently and went crazy searching for a frunk organizer that would fit a small tool/emergency kit, along with all of my car wash & detailing gear. I wash my car at a nearby self-wash station so i wanted something that i can easy transport in and out of the trunk when needed. After 6 tries, I found an organizer that fit great, used most of the space in the frunk and was sturdy. More importantly, it had to have a water resistant base (in the event of a spillage) and decent enough height so that i can fit the taller 11-spray bottles. I browsed through a number of threads here that suggested rubbermaid containers and the one organizer that was suggested the most, just didn't have the height requirement to fit the taller spray bottles. The one that i settled on was this MIU organizer from Amazon (note that this is for 4S cars with no cd changer in the frunk). Hope this is helpful for folks that were searching for organization. Link - HERE
Stupid question: why would it not fit a 4S with the CD Changer?
Old 03-17-2024 | 11:21 AM
Zingerman88
Advanced

Originally Posted by Breizh
Stupid question: why would it not fit a 4S with the CD Changer?
The Mui organizer fits quite snug at the top and bottom. There is an inch or 2 on either side and that's because the trunk tapers inward (if the Mui Box was wider, it would not fit at all). I'm positive it will not fit with the CD changer, unfortunately.

Been using the box for a few weeks now - love it. So easy to move in and out of the Porsche and into the Q5 when washing either.

Old 03-17-2024 | 02:15 PM
Breizh
Intermediate

That was an irrelevant question anyway, my .2 does not have a CD Changer, I got confused with my dead .1 (long gone!). Ordered one, should be here tomorrow.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Options for Frunk Storage Container / Organizer