Sponsored by:

PCM 3.0 Rebooting Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 08:56 AM
Porsche997.2C4S
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM 3.0 Rebooting Issues

Hello everyone this is my first post hopefully i can get some clarity on this issue.
So last December I installed Mr12Volts CarPlay unit into my 2009 997.2 C4S, it worked fine for about a week. One morning after leaving the battery plugged in overnight, the PCM took longer than usual on startup. A few minutes after this it started going into the reboot loop with the white screen and Porsche logo before going blank. This reboot loop continued until I disconnected the battery, when reconnecting the battery a few minutes later the it did a cycle of rebooting then turned on for about 30 seconds. It has since been stuck in the reboot loop and I have to lock the car to make it stop (the screen keeps rebooting without the car on). Does anyone have any ideas on this? I’m not very tech inclined and don’t wish to do the hard drive swap but might have to (if it’s not already too late).
Is this a signal that the hard drive is going bad and would it save me the headache to just take it to Becker?
Here’s what Iv done so far,
Removed Mr12Volt unit and reinstalled PCM.
Taken out hard drive and reinstalled PCM(still rebooting).
Checked the fuses.
I never got the chance to do a PCM factory reset.

This has been a massive pain and any solution that doesn’t cost thousands would be greatly appreciated thanks guys
Old 03-04-2024, 06:12 PM
Tj40
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 151 Posts

Have you tried this reset?

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...rebooting.html
Old 06-03-2024, 11:23 AM
jcontardi
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PCM 3.0 Rebooting issues - revisited

Originally Posted by Porsche997.2C4S

Hello everyone this is my first post hopefully i can get some clarity on this issue.
So last December I installed Mr12Volts CarPlay unit into my 2009 997.2 C4S, it worked fine for about a week. One morning after leaving the battery plugged in overnight, the PCM took longer than usual on startup. A few minutes after this it started going into the reboot loop with the white screen and Porsche logo before going blank. This reboot loop continued until I disconnected the battery, when reconnecting the battery a few minutes later the it did a cycle of rebooting then turned on for about 30 seconds. It has since been stuck in the reboot loop and I have to lock the car to make it stop (the screen keeps rebooting without the car on). Does anyone have any ideas on this? I’m not very tech inclined and don’t wish to do the hard drive swap but might have to (if it’s not already too late).
Is this a signal that the hard drive is going bad and would it save me the headache to just take it to Becker?
Here’s what Iv done so far,
Removed Mr12Volt unit and reinstalled PCM.
Taken out hard drive and reinstalled PCM(still rebooting).
Checked the fuses.
I never got the chance to do a PCM factory reset.

This has been a massive pain and any solution that doesn’t cost thousands would be greatly appreciated thanks guys
========================================

I know this thread is a bit aged, but I'm interested to know if you got the reboot issue resolved, @Porsche997.2C4S , and - hoping that you did - what the fix was. I have almost the identical circumstances as youi and my rebooting issue popped up 2 weeks ago. I have removed the fuse to avoid the battery drain issue, but can't get the PCM to acknowledge the "Info press and hold" or the "press two fingers in the upper right corner of the screen" methods to do a reset.

Quick Reply: PCM 3.0 Rebooting Issues