No Crank No Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 06:09 PM
capeman911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Crank No Start

Hi all,

I have a 2007 911S with 95k miles. I was traveling one weekend and discovered no crank/no start symptoms. The cluster showed "PSM Failure." The car was on a slight decline and we were able to roll the car off. The car runs perfectly after being push started. The only light that was on while driving was the Airbag light. I don't have any diagnosing scanners so I drove it to a local(ish) Porsche/Ferrari/BMW dealership and they stated the starter motor and starter relay needed to be replaced. They wanted $2,400 to replace everything and I told them no, too expensive. I have since replaced the starter motor, installed a new starter relay under the dash, installed a new starter cable with the junction block under the car, installed a new air-oil separator unit and a new yellow top optima battery. The only progress I have made is after I installed the new battery, the engine turned over and cranked 3x. After that, nothing. Now, I'm back to square one and not sure where to look next.

The engine does not turn over, I do hear a "clicking" noise after I hit the key but I do not believe it is coming from the starter. The windows roll down when turning the key, and the headlights are flashing after I turn the key. When I turn the key to the "on" position, the dash lights up, gauges work, radio lights up, reads "PSM Failure" on the dash. When I turn the key to "start" everything goes black like no power to the car.

Any leads on what this could be?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by capeman911; 01-27-2024 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:39 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,448 Likes on 4,110 Posts

PSM is the first warming that comes up from low voltage. Either your battery is shot, your alternator isn't recharging it, or your positive post in the distribution block is corroded.

If jumper cables to another car make it start, then battery or alternator although if you have a failed cell in the battery that won't work either

Last edited by Petza914; 01-28-2024 at 09:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
8x57IRS (01-29-2024)

Quick Reply: No Crank No Start