Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ISUDAR PCM 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 02:51 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I decided to remove the Isudar unit from my vehicle to see if my PCM would now work after putty it back in the car it worked. Feeling brave I reinstalled the Isudar unit and it now works. I will now button back up everything and hopefully it will continue to work. PV997 I will keep you updated on your issue. THANKS TO ALL!!!
The following users liked this post:
David perkar (01-12-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 06:43 AM
Beer924
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had the Isudar Carplay installed in the pcm 3.0 of my 997.2. I unfortunately found the picture quality very poor. Absolutely not sharp at all. I reconnected everything twice but no improvement. And you can't really do anything wrong with the installation. I contacted Isudar and they told me that the resolution of the screen of the pcm 3.0 was too low, so I did not get a sharp image as I would expect and want! Therefore, I returned the device and got my money back. I do use the great Tomtom nav again.
Old 01-12-2024, 03:23 AM
David perkar
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps the ISUDAR PCM 3.0 user manual could be helpful: https://xyingly.com/u_file/2301/18/f...cm305-4931.pdf
Old 06-05-2024, 02:55 AM
step7
3rd Gear

Default Screen not working

Hi everyone. I have installed the ISUDAR module in my 997.2 PCM 3.0 and when I connect it to the car the screen is black. I then removed the ISUDAR module and reinstated the cables as per original setup and when connected to the car I now also have a black screen. Can anyone provide me with any advice because I am stunpend. Any advice on what May be wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2024, 12:35 PM
carbonduc27
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Beer924
I also had the Isudar Carplay installed in the pcm 3.0 of my 997.2. I unfortunately found the picture quality very poor. Absolutely not sharp at all. I reconnected everything twice but no improvement. And you can't really do anything wrong with the installation. I contacted Isudar and they told me that the resolution of the screen of the pcm 3.0 was too low, so I did not get a sharp image as I would expect and want! Therefore, I returned the device and got my money back. I do use the great Tomtom nav again.

Same here. I got it all installed and ran it for a few weeks but was not happy with the resolution, it made the car look dated. I switched to a full android headunit. Despite losing some of the features of PCM I am happier and it looks much more modern with a clean, hi res touchscreen.
Old 06-05-2024, 08:13 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default UPDATE

After 5 months of usage I have no issues other than the occasional glitch. My screen resolution is good and maps are better than Google. Playing music from Amazon Prime is also good.
Old 06-05-2024, 08:28 PM
mbatarga
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts

Step7 - I purchased the Mr 12 VOLT carplay adapter which has a circuit board installed in the main PCM as well. I actually messed up 3 times installing those *&^*+) ribbon cables. The first 3 attempts after installation of the board and putting it in the car I got a white screen only. I took the unit out and apart and VERY carefully reinstalled each cable and made sure that they were each fully seated and vertical in the connectors. If any cable is pitched just slightly off center or not inserted far enough - I could see how you might be getting a black screen.
Old 06-06-2024, 06:30 PM
step7
3rd Gear

@mbatarga many thanks for the advice. I’ve been very careful with ribbons. I’ll give it one more go.

ISUDAR have been quite responsive with advice and reassure me the PCM won’t have been damaged. I am concerned however about how there is now a black screen when I uninstall the unit.

Quick Reply: ISUDAR PCM 3.0