Sponsored by:

ISUDAR PCM 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 07:52 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ISUDAR PCM 3.0

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL : I just bought the Isudar unit for my 2009 997.2 with pcm 3.0. I am looking for any tips or tricks anyone may have as I am about to start my installation this weekend. PV997 had started a thread about this unit which I followed. His endorsement of the product convinced me to bite the bullet. He had mentioned he would post about the installation once completed with the install. I have been unable to find anything thus far. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS
Old 01-05-2024, 10:47 PM
mbatarga
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Have you watched the video?

Old 01-06-2024, 04:42 PM
Targanonymous
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Isudar unit is out for delivery right now so I can’t be of any help, but eager to hear your impressions of the install and usage.

When I install mine I’m planning to try to tap into the stock mic in the harness as others have done in the NM and Mr12volt units. I expect this will work but have not seen any discussion of this approach on an ISUDAR unit.
Old 01-06-2024, 08:38 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

I have watched the video from Isudar. However like I said, was looking for any additional tips or tricks. Thanks though for the help!
Old 01-06-2024, 08:41 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

I have the head unit out of the slot but, for some reason cant figure out how to remove the complete wiring harness from the back ???
Old 01-06-2024, 09:20 PM
Targanonymous
Intermediate

There should be a plastic clip that holds the harness in. If you look for other 997.2 CarPlay install videos on YouTube there is a good overview of how to remove the harnesses.

I think this covers it well:

Old 01-06-2024, 11:44 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

Hi Targa....., that video was GREAT!! Could not believe how simple it was to take that plug out......THANKS
Old 01-06-2024, 11:52 PM
vnelsontx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Targanonymous
My Isudar unit is out for delivery right now so I can’t be of any help, but eager to hear your impressions of the install and usage.

When I install mine I’m planning to try to tap into the stock mic in the harness as others have done in the NM and Mr12volt units. I expect this will work but have not seen any discussion of this approach on an ISUDAR unit.
I didn't know you can tap into the harness to retain the built-in microphone - trying to find a thread on it - do you happen to have a link?
Old 01-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Targanonymous
Intermediate

To tap into the oem mic I was planning to follow the steps on post 966 of this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...-3-1-a-65.html

Old 01-07-2024, 10:07 AM
vnelsontx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Targanonymous
To tap into the oem mic I was planning to follow the steps on post 966 of this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...-3-1-a-65.html
Thanks!
Old 01-07-2024, 04:25 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

The circuit board supplied is black in color not the typical green as shown in the installation videos. It only has one connection for wifi on the black board. The board is RH8007 PCM 3.0 VER.1. I am assuming this is correct????
Old 01-07-2024, 11:36 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

After going back to Isudar site I observed the NEW version only has one wifi/bt connection on the module board.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:46 AM
PV997
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,468 Likes on 629 Posts

Hey Rod, I've had the Isudar unit for about five months now and no complaints considering the price compared to the others. One thing I have noticed is an odd quirk if I open the driver door without inserting the key. For some reason the relay on the Isudar board starts clicking probably due to misinterpreting the Canbus. It continues to do it unless I insert the key, turn it on, and then turn it off. I had been concerned this relay clicking would wear down the battery (if I hadn't noticed it and stopped it) but it hasn't happened so far. There may be a firmware/software upgrade that fixes this but I haven't bothered with it.

The only other thing is it's very tight if you have Sirius/XM and the standoffs have to be with ~2 mm range height to fit. I don't remember the exact height but bought an assortment on Amazon then stacked them to get the right spacing. The ones from Isudar didn't work (which to their credit they warned me of when I bought it).

Please post a follow up once you get it working, particularly if you notice the clicking issue. Also, there some specific settings on the head equalization unit that need to be adjusted to get good audio (I think I mentioned these in my earlier comment). This overcomes the HU's poor aux input tonal characteristics and is not an issue with the Isudar board itself.
Old 01-08-2024, 01:48 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

Oops, the Isudar replacement cover does not fit my vehicle. After removing the 4 screws from the clamshell 2 screws front and 2 back, a cover did not come off instead a flat plate came off instead. My clamshell portion is a one piece metal shell. I am now trying to figure out how to cut a hole for the wires to fit so as not to pinch them and of course mitigating the pieces of metal that will surely get everywhere. Anyone else had this problem???
Old 01-09-2024, 06:35 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

Default UPDATE

I was able to cut a hole in the top portion of my clamshell as I had explained in a previous post the replacement clam shell sent by Isudar is totally different than my original which is just a flat plate that separates the upper and lower clam shells. I did remove the module from the upper clamshell to mitigate metal filings and pieces. Plugging the unit in without installing in the console revealed a black screen. However a red light on the Isudar module flashes on and off every 3 seconds. Turning the ignition key to the 'run' position and holding the 'info' button down for 3 seconds or longer does not help. I removed the ribbon cables with the help of a jewelers head magnifiers replaced them no issues found. Tested again nothing. Can I START the car with the pcm plugged in to see if that helps or would that be a NO NO. Help anyone!! ps the pigtail off the main wiring is labeled pcm 3.1 not 3.0

Quick Reply: ISUDAR PCM 3.0