Secondary Air Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 12:11 PM
GPep
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Secondary Air Issue

Hey all,

I am having an issue with my secondary air system. When I attempt to do a smog test with my OBDII reader, the secondary air monitor states that it is in a "not ready" status. It does not state that the secondary air test has failed. I have used the durametric to attempt to toggle on the secondary air pump, but nothing comes on. I replaced the relay hoping that it was an easy fix, and now I can just hear the relay switch over when using the durametric. I know these air pumps are known to go out, but I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything before I replace the air pump. The pumps are quite expensive and a pain to get to on the 997, so just trying to avoid cut up hands and excessive cussing by taking off the intake runners. Thanks in advance!

Vehicle: 2006 911 3.6l manual
Old 01-03-2024, 10:28 PM
Edcantera
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

This is what I did. It’s been working like a charm for me since then. I can hear the pump, but it doesn’t bother me at all. YMMV…

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-sai-pump.html
The following users liked this post:
jchapura (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 01:09 PM
GPep
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edcantera
This is what I did. It’s been working like a charm for me since then. I can hear the pump, but it doesn’t bother me at all. YMMV…

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-sai-pump.html

That's a creative solution! With all of the similarities between the 996 and 997.1, I am surprised they moved the pump to where they did. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Secondary Air Issue