Sponsored by:

Scanner options

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 05:36 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,200 Likes on 767 Posts
Default Scanner options

I know this has been covered, but just as a refresh ...

I'll be looking for a scan tool in the very near future. Is the Foxwell nt530 the current way to go? Or for a few more dollars, the nt710?

Or is there a better different option?

A friend just moved from his 997 GTS to a 991 TTS. His Durametric doesn't play with the 991 model. So he's going to need a new option to replace his Durametric as well. I am wondering if there is an option out there that works on both models, as a bonus.
Old 12-01-2023, 10:59 AM
Phrog Phlyer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Wayne,
I bet you have seen this - but if not - https://www.foxwelldiag.com/blogs/ca...t530-and-nt710
I have the 710 and it does most everything needed. I have used it to put my PDK into fill mode while changing the fluid, register a new battery in a Panamera (although there is plenty of discussion of whether that is necessary), it will activate the ABS for brake fluid changes, and activate/recalibrate electronic parking brake on the newer cars, and lots more. One thing it does not do - is coding.

Old 12-01-2023, 10:21 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,200 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by Phrog Phlyer
Wayne,
I bet you have seen this - but if not - https://www.foxwelldiag.com/blogs/ca...t530-and-nt710
I have the 710 and it does most everything needed. I have used it to put my PDK into fill mode while changing the fluid, register a new battery in a Panamera (although there is plenty of discussion of whether that is necessary), it will activate the ABS for brake fluid changes, and activate/recalibrate electronic parking brake on the newer cars, and lots more. One thing it does not do - is coding.

Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Scanner options