Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on 997.2 Carrera disc and pad replacement (Brembo, Hawk, and parts)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2023, 09:02 AM
ewc
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Questions on 997.2 Carrera disc and pad replacement (Brembo, Hawk, and parts)

My brake pad wear sensor light came on at 70K for my 997.2. Base Carrera. Researching the wide array of options, I found a good deal on Tire Rack for Brembo rotors and Hawk HPS 5.0 pads. Cross referenced the TR pad part number on Hawk’s site indicates this is a Cayman part number? Does my base Carrera have the same brakes as a Cayman?

Also, I see the FCP Euro brake package includes a slew of other parts. Do I need all those other parts? I plan to take all needed parts to my Indy for install.

Photo references below. Thanks!

Last edited by ewc; 11-12-2023 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-13-2023, 08:57 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,705 Likes on 4,262 Posts

You'll need new pad wear sensors as the one that tripped the warning is already worn through and usually they break trying to get them out and back in.

Has the car been used in a salty area where those other brake parts will be rusty? If so, then replace those extra parts. If not, then just get the top 3 line items. I install stainless versions of the tapered rotor set screws since the originals always rust in place and require and impact to get the out. I've never had an issue reusing brake hardware parts or the caliper bolts.

Quick Reply: Questions on 997.2 Carrera disc and pad replacement (Brembo, Hawk, and parts)