Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12' 997 S new purchase PPI or DIY

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2023 | 02:42 PM
jaimster
Advanced

Right on Point groovzilla !
car has been owned by 2nd owner since 2014 then it had 45698 miles when bought by him. NOW it has 68600 miles 19 years ownership put 22k miles or so..
as far as I know PPI place have no relationship with USA auto & truck (small dealership at Chicago) - however I need to go to look at the car myself, drive it I'm even taking my bores scope camera to look into the Turbo coolant lines my self and taking my Icarsoft POR III to look at the fuel trims, any pending or stored codes .. TRUST BUT VERIFY RIGHT !

I agree with you, car has not been adequately serviced but also has NOT been driven that much either. I know it needs an oil change . spark plug change . axles NOT worry about it I did those on my Boxster

oh, yea there is always a possibility of renegotiate the total price - so far I have been able to chisel off a bit more NEVER KNOW..haha
Great advise on how to go about it Grovvzilla ... Question

they are probably goanna ask for a deposit before me and my son flight outhere ..

how can I approach that ? can I place deposit on conditions will they accept that ? guess I need to protect my deposit in case I do not like what I see..
Old 10-14-2023 | 02:45 PM
NevilleNobody
Rennlist Member

I dont think you need to worry about scoping a turbo engine, it's basically immune from bore scoring.

Are you a DIY guy or would you use an indy? The work you have outlined being required is foing to tally to at least 10k, maybe closer to 15k.
The following users liked this post:
Floyd540 (10-14-2023)
Old 10-14-2023 | 03:21 PM
Rig.Stunts
Rennlist Member

Post up on the Turbo forum for more specific feedback.

Who said, "The most expensive thing you can do is buy an inexpensive Porsche"?
Old 10-14-2023 | 03:51 PM
jaimster
Advanced

I don't even know for certain if I will be buying the car till, I see it in person and drive and check stuff out - car is worth the money according to the professional shop !!
I really don't want to open another can of worms by posting and getting opinions - feel as if it is guys think this car is ABSOLUTLY worthless cause of the price .. however it did passed for the most part the PPI ..maybe if I end up buying I will post for help opinions .

originally I was looking for 2008 or newer S model .. there is one here however to DO the cylinder bore scoping PPI will be at least 1000 and this car has about 1000 more miles too so Guess it will be my second choice if the TURBO does not work out.. price differece NOW
non turbo 41500 Turbo 51500 10k difference - funny how numbers are

I m a DYI guy and I never said was doing cylinder bore scoping on this car - I m doing it on the coolant lines to get a look at any leaks - the other shop here at dfw did it for the previous TURBO I had inspected sure enough they found leaking .. so I declined to pursuit it any further

Last edited by jaimster; 10-14-2023 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-14-2023 | 06:08 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Is car paid off and Title clear in sellers hand??
Good Faith Deposit only gets sent if Bill of Sale is signed/dated by both parties. $500 is adequate.
Also make sure you write in Bill Of Sale that the deposit is refundable & contingent on visual inspection & test drive.
**Also get copy of sellers drivers license and send him yours as well before writing out Bill Of Sale and use info on Drivers License as address/etc.on Bill Of Sale

Also make sure your son doesn;t say much when seeing the car. Both of you refrain from any emotion and if anything seem disappointed.
All this helps in the grinding scenario.

Last edited by groovzilla; 10-14-2023 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2023 | 08:41 PM
jaimster
Advanced

YES and YES - title was from florida I did checked on line with them .. no lean there title good same as the name of the title they had texted me couple of weeks ago.

this is a business they are selling it on consignment from the seller , I suppose there is a FEE been paid by the seller
Still the business is responsible for any thing issues I would think !

yea my son for the most part is even-keeled kid .. we will be trained before we arrive there ..hehe
'
we are flying there Thursday or Friday closing the sale either Friday morning or Saturday.. oh and they did not asked for a deposit so I did not offered one ..
Old 10-14-2023 | 10:31 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

^^Good luck---> Keep us posted.

jaimster (10-14-2023)
Old 10-15-2023 | 09:25 PM
jaimster
Advanced

Guess I may be overly cautious !!

seller (dealer selling vehicle on consignment) texted me a copy of vehicle's title - it is a Florida title, got on the FLHSMV website Florida's DMV.. ..

last time title was issued is 08/20/2015 miles then 45698 . title name is a guys name from Florida too
Got a STRONG feeling somebody lost this car to "vultures" loan sharks places if you know what I mean.!

Florida's dmv shows " there is no lean on the vehicle." biggest concern however back of the Title shows has been signed over several times to different names a bit confusing too
can not completely make out all the words due to letters not legible , did not come out all that good on the text..

Planing to call texas DMV tomorrow to find out if I m going to have any issues with that .

your thoughts appreciated as always.

'
Old 10-16-2023 | 04:38 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

^^Good chance it is an Auction Car that has been shuffled around due to poor service history/flood/theft or issues.
Makes sense considering there are no service records and that is true of Auction cars or cars that float thru dealers hands.
Did you ever get a copy of the Carfax like I suggested long time ago??

**Might be really interesting asking seller/dealer who the consigner is considering car hasn't been licensed since according to DMV car hasn't been licensed since 2015??

Caution Flag Waving
Hope you got refundable tickets

Last edited by groovzilla; 10-16-2023 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-16-2023 | 08:23 PM
jaimster
Advanced

oh yea they gave me the car fax report - 2 owners , 32 service records . minor right front accident there is NOTHING about auctions, floods , no theft according to title is in somebodys name still.

it owned by THE COLLECTION Coral Gables FL ( dealer) from 2008 till 2014 then it was bought by the current owner - A GOOD THING IN MY OPINION

went to DMV texas this morning - I showed them copy of title they had sent me . lady said there will not be any issues with that transferring the title to my name . NO liens either spoke to FLorida DMV too

I realize car has NOT been maintained as good as it should - STILL the PPI shop Olsens motor sports (Chicago) stated and actually spoke to Ed there . they maintain car is sound mechanical
one thing DOES bother about Olsens apparently. they did the bore scoping on the TURBO COOLANT lines FOUND NO LEAKS / YET the photos were NOT transferred to their computer due to some memory card or technical issue - they are working on getting me photos this week

Spoke to Ed about that this morning he insisted assured me there no leaks .. and had asked him back when price was 56000 , he said it was a very good deal for that price .. I know we'll SEE..

I m still flying outhere Friday I need to check it out my self

keeping HOPE alive.

Last edited by jaimster; 10-16-2023 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-16-2023 | 11:43 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Well you cleared up some concerns. Doesn't the current owner have service records?? .... If consignment car they are in communication with owner. Does Carfax show regular services?
Keep an open mind when you see it. If you do go forward with purchase try grinding them down even more.

Old 10-17-2023 | 09:03 AM
jaimster
Advanced

Car fax Report states the services done through out the years - also the car has whatever other receipts with the original car manual from I have been told ! by the dealer
I can try to get a bit more of a discount , however the dealer already pointed out this is the lowest listed most of them are from 69k to 100k
I do know the car needs paint correction work which I did not mention when I was trying to renegotiate the last price , so maybe that be point made there !!

I m DISAPOINTED in OLENS MOTORS SPORT - all of the sudden there are NO photos on the turbo lines bore scoping I had made it a point to emphasize that it was an important part of the PPI when I first spoke to their manager .. I messed up before sending the payment I should have asked for those photos . I asked Ed he stated NO LEAKS there assuming it would be in the report well it wasn't..

INNOVATIVE AUTOSPORT $400 IN DFW did a great job on the report , photos , detail description OLSENS $600.00 not so much would NOT recommend them ever ever ever again really poor report they are cool cooperative on the phone - however
in my book - ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS .
they may have done a THOUGHTRL JOB HOWEVER IT DOES NOT SHOW....sorry to state that cause they are very cool on the phone .

Last edited by jaimster; 10-17-2023 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2023 | 01:22 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jaimster
Car fax Report states the services done through out the years - also the car has whatever other receipts with the original car manual from I have been told ! by the dealer
I can try to get a bit more of a discount , however the dealer already pointed out this is the lowest listed most of them are from 69k to 100k
I do know the car needs paint correction work which I did not mention when I was trying to renegotiate the last price , so maybe that be point made there !!
I m DISAPOINTED in OLENS MOTORS SPORT - all of the sudden there are NO photos on the turbo lines bore scoping I had made it a point to emphasize that it was an important part of the PPI when I first spoke to their manager .. I messed up before sending the payment I should have asked for those photos . I asked Ed he stated NO LEAKS there assuming it would be in the report well it wasn't..
INNOVATIVE AUTOSPORT $400 IN DFW did a great job on the report , photos , detail description OLSENS $600.00 not so much would NOT recommend them ever ever ever again really poor report they are cool cooperative on the phone - however
in my book - ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS .
they may have done a THOUGHTRL JOB HOWEVER IT DOES NOT SHOW....sorry to state that cause they are very cool on the phone .
jaimister---> You claimed in an earlier post that they were not able to provide photos of the collant lines due to an issue with their flash card equiptment? They need to provide you with photos so have them re-do the Bore Scope and provide you with photos. That is what you paid for and that is what you are entitled to especially given the huge cost of collant line repairs.
This is a no fvcking brainer.

jaimster (10-17-2023)
Old 10-17-2023 | 02:55 PM
jaimster
Advanced

yesterday when I spoke to Ed from Olsen's motors - he assured me they are working on getting photos or they would do the borescope on the car again .. I m giving them till tomorrow then I will ask them to do it again ..so I want to give them some time to fix the issue
other than that ..we are still going there this weekend to look at the car . unfortunately well arriving late Friday( Olsen's is close the weekends) and going to the dealership Saturday to check the car out . I figure if this is not resolve by them I might NOT close on the car till this issue is resolved ..

I can always get the paperwork on an email and wire the money from back home.
groovzilla (10-17-2023)
Old 10-20-2023 | 04:10 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

jaimster----> Have a safe flight today and fun time checking out/driving the Turbo.
Look forward to hearing back from you on how things panned out.

Quick Reply: 12' 997 S new purchase PPI or DIY