Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Approved???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023 | 07:21 AM
Nicodrw
1st Gear

Default Porsche Approved???

Yesterday I saw a used Porsche 997.2 4S in a Porsche German dealership where they offer me a 12month warranty + porsche approved inspection (111points they review).
Before buying the car, would you do a pre-purchase inspection with an external expert?

Thanks
Nico
Old 08-27-2023 | 11:31 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Varied opinions on this. I've bought two CPO cars (996GT3, 997GTS) without an independent inspection, no issues.
Old 08-27-2023 | 11:52 AM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nicodrw
Yesterday I saw a used Porsche 997.2 4S in a Porsche German dealership where they offer me a 12month warranty + porsche approved inspection (111points they review).
Before buying the car, would you do a pre-purchase inspection with an external expert?

Thanks
Nico

The 12 month warranty in Germany would almost certainly be simply complying with German law on the sale of a used car. The same you would get buying any used car from a dealership in Germany. In detail it's really a 6 month warranty where for 6 months the burden of proof is on the dealer to prove the car didn't have any existing condition they knew about. Then the last 6 months the burden of proof shifts onto the buyer where the buyer has to prove that the condition existed at the time of purchase. Not a CPO warranty.

Still, if you use the car plenty in the first 6 months you may well find any issues showing up. Though I had the impression this warranty is for cars sold in Germany that stay in Germany.
Old 08-28-2023 | 05:58 AM
TomiK
Instructor

In South Africa, a Porsche approved warranty on a used car sold by the dealer includes a full maintenance package including brake pads, services, everything. My 2017 991.2 purchased from Porsche Cape Town came with a 2yr plan which gave me peace of mind (and saved me a lot of cash).

Might be worth checking what is included in the German package.

I wouldn't bother with an independent PPI.

Quick Reply: Porsche Approved???