997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment problem? Porsche dealer: "camber adjustment is max out???!!"

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2023 | 09:51 PM
eggsandwich
Rennlist Member

Update on this...the dealer did their diagnosis which thankfully I didn't have to pay for. Well, I'd already paid for new tires and install + an alignment at $399 the result of which I learnt about this camber adjustment maxed out issue. (I got Michelin PS2's cheaper than tire rack so quite happy w that!)...

Their diagnosis was that the strut is somehow deformed, either bent or somehow out of shape.
Their technician did NOT RECOMMEND to replace it, and said I probably wouldn't even notice it.
He said it wouldn't be worth it because if I were to replace that strut I'd probably have to replace both, and at that point I should probably look at just refreshing the whole suspension setup since it's had 60k on it and is a 12 year old car.

I'll try out what @bearing01 has suggested, and see if it veers either way when I let go of the steering wheel. I don't have the car back yet...they stained my Fuchs and need to clean that up.

Quick Reply: Alignment problem? Porsche dealer: "camber adjustment is max out???!!"