Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

db level in cabin at 70mph on concrete pavement?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 11:50 PM
r_towle
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 43 Posts

Loud, top down, right foot down
Quiet, Audi A8, closest to 0db

both cars have a purpose
Old 07-20-2023, 12:58 AM
festina-lente
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaC4S
Yes there are a lot of variables in acoustics. I have taken graduate engineering acoustics classes and spent many years tuning sound systems and it drives me nuts sometimes to make sure I am working in a consistent manner to get good measurements.

So we can have a consistent discussion, I recommended the use of the dBA scale, a specific averaging measurement technique, and the measurement phone application. Also important to note is the speed, road conditions, and tire type. Others are free to comment but I get very consistent results with these techniques, maybe 1-2 dbA variation for a certain type of road at a certain speed..

I have spent a lot of time on sound reduction in my car so I don't have drone and tire noise and would love to hear other people's measurements and experiences. It would be preferred if they can relate specific measurement techniques and conditions rather than anecdotal statements. I hate tire noise and am pleased with the results I achieved and happy to share with the forum on how to make this happen.
Interested in your experience. A while back I was researching melamine foam used for aircraft insulation. I think Singer is using it in their cars.
Old 07-20-2023, 11:17 AM
mpath
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaC4S
I hate tire noise and am pleased with the results I achieved and happy to share with the forum on how to make this happen.
Yes, can you share in a new thread?
The following users liked this post:
Rig.Stunts (07-20-2023)
Old 07-21-2023, 09:09 AM
PapaC4S
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

Check out this thread

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...2-dynamat.html

Quick Reply: db level in cabin at 70mph on concrete pavement?