Sponsored by:

Alarm going off after locking car

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 11:26 AM
cringely
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
Question Alarm going off after locking car

My Alarm just started acting up. If I lock the alarm, either by pushing the key fob or by manually locking it, it will go off after ~30 seconds, honking and flashing the parking/braking lights for a minute or so when the horn stops. The flashing lights will continue for a few more minutes then stop. The car doors are locked.
When I unlock the car, no alarm, only when I lock it.
I've tried both keys and no difference between using Key 1 and Key 2.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Currently on a road trip to Portland, OR, returning to San Diego Tuesday via an Monday overnight stay in the SF bay area.
Only saw 4 Porsches on the drive up to Alameda last Wednesday and none on the I-5 drive the next day up to Portland.
Old 06-26-2023, 05:31 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 797 Likes on 447 Posts

There were 2 main things that have caused my alarm and key to act weird (mainly on road trips actually):
1. Car Battery (how old is it? etc. etc.).
2. Fob battery/Fob itself (once I changed my FOB to a .2 FOB, I have not had issues with all new batteries and FOBs).

I have to say, before changing my car battery and the FOB to a .2, my car did weird stuff on EVERY road trip. IDK why because I do daily my car but I would be at a gas station in some random *** central valley spot and it would decide to freak out, which is so annoying I do not even have the words...especially because one of the times I was BOMBING up to my dad dying in the hospital.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:16 PM
cringely
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

After a day, the alarm started working normally. No idea why, but won't worry about it for now.
Old 07-31-2023, 08:47 AM
jstump2490
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Since this is a newer thread, I wanted to post and say it might be your interior motion sensor. I am going through this issue right now and found another thread saying to double click the lock button which disables the interior motion sensor. You can tell you did this right if you see the tail lights stay illuminated for 3-4 seconds after pushing the lock button twice, instead of them normally just flashing quickly. If it stops alarming, then its a bad sensor. I found a used module on ebay for $20 so I am going to see if that fixes my issue. The double click on the lock button did seem to fix it for me.

I am about to use the threads below to find and replace the module. Hope I don't break anything...
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...r-located.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...moval-diy.html

Last edited by jstump2490; 07-31-2023 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2023, 09:51 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 140 Posts

I had this issue before as well. It was a battery issue if I remember correctly.

Quick Reply: Alarm going off after locking car