Sponsored by:

Emc2 Design question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 03:53 PM
Coolwnc
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Emc2 Design question

Today I noticed that Emc2 Design has no physical address or direct phone number. They are in Alpharetta,GA. Any ideas about why?

Last edited by Coolwnc; 01-26-2023 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:02 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 941 Posts

2009 C2S 186K miles

Not sure why you are asking this, but I just received some replacement clips from him yesterday. I have been pleased with him.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Old 01-25-2023, 04:25 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolwnc
Today I noticed that Emc2 Design has no physical address or direct phone number. They are in Alfaretta,GA. Any ideas about why?
He's 'just' an active member of Rennlist who created some great products based on feedback from us other great members. Likely doesn't list those things because the dude lives there and doesn't want people showing up at his house or ringing him in the middle of the night to ask how to install his products.
If you're cautious because of that, I'm sure there are many folks here including myself who can tell you there's little risk in working with the guy. To date, he's been a great resource for us.
The following users liked this post:
myw (01-26-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 04:42 PM
Coolwnc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
2009 C2S 186K miles

Not sure why you are asking this, but I just received some replacement clips from him yesterday. I have been pleased with him.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Have no problem with them! In fact I have bought several items over the years. I was looking at the website and noticed.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:43 PM
bmwcousins
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

When I first began interacting with Emc2 I was leery of his lack of address, etc, however I've been doing business with him for 3 years and have had nothing but stellar service.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:48 PM
Coolwnc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nwGTS
He's 'just' an active member of Rennlist who created some great products based on feedback from us other great members. Likely doesn't list those things because the dude lives there and doesn't want people showing up at his house or ringing him in the middle of the night to ask how to install his products.
If you're cautious because of that, I'm sure there are many folks here including myself who can tell you there's little risk in working with the guy. To date, he's been a great resource for us.
Yep Great guy! The question came to me when I had to return a product to a PO Box. The UPS folks said that I will pay about double because no physical address. No phone number direct !
Old 01-25-2023, 04:50 PM
Coolwnc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Yes, Very happy with them!
Old 01-26-2023, 12:53 PM
mbatarga
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

Alpharetta GA
Coolwnc (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 01:57 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,208 Likes on 775 Posts

Another vote for great guy. I need to look closer at his product line one of these days to see what I should buy next, specifically the rocker panel.
Old 01-26-2023, 03:53 PM
Emc2design
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 651 Likes on 254 Posts

@Coolwnc thanks for your question.

We learned early on that well documented and timely information (support emails, install guides/videos and website) are most crucial to successful product selection and installation. They are also less vulnerable to interpretation/misunderstanding.
We really pride ourselves in the quality and responsiveness of our email support and hope that it is seen as being up there with the best.

As a small family business if we tried to also field direct calls (instead of going via the email route), we would almost certainly have people complaining that we are not immediately available by phone (and rightfully so).
We do offer calls by appointment if/when needed, but have found this to be very rarely exercised. Hopefully this means we are doing something right.

So in summary, we prefer to do specific things really well rather than doing everything really average

@Bruce In Philly , @nwGTS @bmwcousins & @Wayne Smith thank you all for your kind feedback and support. Much appreciated.

By Porsche enthusiasts
For Porsche enthusiasts

The following 4 users liked this post by Emc2design:
Graufuchs (01-26-2023), jlert (04-01-2024), myw (01-26-2023), tcun410 (01-27-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 04:04 PM
Coolwnc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Emc2design
@Coolwnc thanks for your question.

We learned early on that well documented and timely information (support emails, install guides/videos and website) are most crucial to successful product selection and installation. They are also less vulnerable to interpretation/misunderstanding.
We really pride ourselves in the quality and responsiveness of our email support and hope that it is seen as being up there with the best.

As a small family business if we tried to also field direct calls (instead of going via the email route), we would almost certainly have people complaining that we are not immediately available by phone (and rightfully so).
We do offer calls by appointment if/when needed, but have found this to be very rarely exercised. Hopefully this means we are doing something right.

So in summary, we prefer to do specific things really well rather than doing everything really average

@Bruce In Philly , @nwGTS @bmwcousins & @Wayne Smith thank you all for your kind feedback and support. Much appreciated.
Thanks for clearing this up and posting for everyone to view the way folks do business with you. In this environment of scams and people cheating/stealing this makes sense.

Last edited by Coolwnc; 01-26-2023 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2023, 04:09 PM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts

No fear. Great product, seller!
Coolwnc (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 07:39 PM
michaelmoo22
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Same as the others. I've bought from him and he is a great guy to work with and the products were top notch.
Old 01-28-2023, 11:20 AM
Emc2design
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 651 Likes on 254 Posts

@Van Larson & @michaelmoo22 Thank you also for the kind words and support. Much appreciated.
Pancake (01-29-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 11:52 AM
frybear
Pro

Received 215 Likes on 135 Posts

Don't worry at all about an address, phone number etc. They respond to emails very very quickly. I had a question about installing my front lip during installation. Sent an email and heard back in about 5 minutes. Excellent company to deal with.

Quick Reply: Emc2 Design question