Sponsored by:

997 convertible top issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 03:37 PM
Stoneplanet32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 997 convertible top issue

I have a 2011 997.2 where the convertible top will not operate. Everything else works like the front top latch. The rear compartment lid and latch will operate. The lid will even raise up and down. However the top will not even flinch when the hydraulic pump is running. It will then stop trying after a couple seconds of running the pump. The pump reservoir is half full so I'm not sure if that's correct. The link below is for an error code I received on my scanner after trying to calibrate the top. I also have another picture in the folder of the 2 big motor looking things that say front on the top of them. Can someone tell me what those are? Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

Picture upload was stalling at 90% is why I used google drive.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:48 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 218 Posts

Your first picture is actually of the actuators for the roll-over protection system. Sounds like first step is to check for leaked hydraulic fluid near the convertible top rams. If you don't see leakage, it's possible you simply need to top off your reservoir. After refill, failure to operate likely signals you need one or both top actuators rebuild. There are several recent threads about convertible top issues which might help.
Old 01-19-2023, 04:16 PM
Stoneplanet32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By top actuators your speaking of you don't mean the roll over ones correct? I looked into the rollover ones and I see what it's for.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:44 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 218 Posts

Correct, NOT the roll-over bits. This thread should give you some good pics and pointers for diagnosis and repair.

Quick Reply: 997 convertible top issue