Rennlist Member

ATX_Native

that Lip looks great!!!
Old 01-03-2023 | 05:54 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BaileyII
DesmoSD

This is the best question asked. I seriously do not know how it scraped in the middle. I will definitely have to re think every place that I drive. I guess no more speed bumps anymore. I’ve had the car 9 yrs. I should have bought the Aero at least 7 yrs ago. I love the way it looks now.
The scratches in the middle are not only vertical but tall too. This looks like you either went up a driveway straight, speedbump or dip head on. The lip folded inwards and then rebounded back after you passed it. With a lip that low, you definitely have to plan your routes, scan ahead and hit driveways, speedbumps, dips at an angle from now on.

This is not my Supra but I had that same Wing West lip aka Snow Plow and it was low.

The following users liked this post:
BaileyII (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023 | 06:09 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

It had to be some sort of a dip. I definitely know that I can not go straight on. Yea that Supra looks great that low.
The following 2 users liked this post by BaileyII:
DesmoSD (01-03-2023), Graufuchs (01-04-2023)
Old 01-03-2023 | 06:33 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

It had to be some sort of a dip. I definitely know that I can not go straight on. Yea that Supra looks great that low.
I see. What is your plan now? Are you going to get the ebay lip? I'm going to be in the same boat soon with my Aerokit bumper going in for paint.

There is the gloss black plasti dip option to hide the scratches a little bit more.
Amazon Amazon
Old 01-03-2023 | 06:53 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

I ordered the eBay lip. The paint shop gave me the rest of the paint so I could touch it up. Man you are going to love the front aero. Are you going to replace your dear deck lid?
DesmoSD (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023 | 08:58 PM
jbkusa
Pro

Originally Posted by ///Malcontent
Turbo and non-turbo lips have tabs in different places. They're not interchangeable.
thanks

I wonder why they don’t make the cheap ebay lip for non-turbo .2s?
Old 01-03-2023 | 08:58 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

I ordered the eBay lip. The paint shop gave me the rest of the paint so I could touch it up. Man you are going to love the front aero. Are you going to replace your dear deck lid?
I can't wait. It completely transforms the front end of our cars. I wanted the Getty Ducktail but now want to lean more towards the Aerokit rear spoiler or GT3 if I can find one. I can go with the Touring look for now.
Graufuchs (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023 | 09:20 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

Oh yeah that will look great. Well at least we got the front aero before they are all gone.
DesmoSD (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023 | 09:40 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Oh yeah that will look great. Well at least we got the front aero before they are all gone.
True. I ordered and picked mine up from Harpers in Knoxville so I saved on the shipping. The paperwork looks like it came from Porsche ATL and thinking about ordering another one to keep in the stock pile before they run out.
Old 01-03-2023 | 09:42 PM
jbkusa
Pro

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
True. I ordered and picked mine up from Harpers in Knoxville so I saved on the shipping. The paperwork looks like it came from Porsche ATL and thinking about ordering another one to keep in the stock pile before they run out.
How much does that cost?
Old 01-03-2023 | 09:49 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jbkusa
How much does that cost?
Here is their price.

https://www.harperautoparts.com/oem-...gwMi0zMg%3D%3D
jbkusa (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023 | 10:00 PM
nydog
Instructor

The scraping is exactly why I will not paint the lip on mine. I purchased my car with the aero front bumper and lowered on H&R. I completely tore the lip up within weeks of acquiring the car. Driveways and entrances to parking lots are the major culprits.

I initially took the ebay lip route thinking I would go through 2 lips / year. Although the ebay lip was a great fit and good quality, it lasted a couple of months. I ended up going with FCP to take advantage of their lifetime warranty. Even though the lifetime warranty policy has changed somewhat, I think I'll go through enough lips where FCP will be worth it. I am also going to swap the H&R's for Eibachs (already have them, just need to install them) which should raise the front end up some.

Last edited by nydog; 01-03-2023 at 10:01 PM.
DesmoSD (01-04-2023)
Old 01-03-2023 | 10:12 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

nydog

This is great info about FCP. When you change out your H&R’s are you going to change our both the front and the back or just the front? The reason that I ask is because I love the way our cars look with the H&R’s.
DesmoSD (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023 | 10:15 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nydog
The scraping is exactly why I will not paint the lip on mine. I purchased my car with the aero front bumper and lowered on H&R. I completely tore the lip up within weeks of acquiring the car. Driveways and entrances to parking lots are the major culprits.

I initially took the ebay lip route thinking I would go through 2 lips / year. Although the ebay lip was a great fit and good quality, it lasted a couple of months. I ended up going with FCP to take advantage of their lifetime warranty. Even though the lifetime warranty policy has changed somewhat, I think I'll go through enough lips where FCP will be worth it. I am also going to swap the H&R's for Eibachs (already have them, just need to install them) which should raise the front end up some.
I have Eibach's and wished the rear was a bit lower. I was a bet jelly at the how much better the H&R's looked. Now that I'm putting the Aerokit bumper, I shouldn't complain anymore huh. haha
Old 01-04-2023 | 10:41 PM
nydog
Instructor

nydog

This is great info about FCP. When you change out your H&R’s are you going to change our both the front and the back or just the front? The reason that I ask is because I love the way our cars look with the H&R’s.
I'm going to change both front and rear. I actually prefer the look of an even drop front to rear with the Eibachs.

The drop in the front is a lil too much for me on the H&R's (see photos below). I read that if the front strut mounts wear out the front drops even more and thought this was the problem. I installed new mounts... no change.

​​

Last edited by nydog; 01-04-2023 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Front aero kit facts