Help with airbag sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2022, 06:34 AM
redrower
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with airbag sensor

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2005 997.1 C2 and need to do some housekeeping on various issues with the car. One of the issues is that the driver's side airbag light is on. I've searched here for solutions but was hoping to clarify a couple of things.

1. Assuming that the light is on due to the driver's side sensor behind the bumper having a fault, if I change the sensor will the light automatically go out, or do I need to use a Durametric to run the code and then reset things post install of the new sensor?
2. Is the Durametric the correct code reader to purchase or are there other options one should be considering (sorry, I just don't know much about this).
3. I gather that I'll need to drop the front bumper to get at the sensor. While the bumper is off are there other things I may as well be taking care of while I have access?

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:43 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

First thing to do is try and reset the error. Airbag lights don't reset on their own...they have to be cleared. If someone removed the steering wheel or disconnected any of the yellow connectors in the door or under the seats without disconnecting the battery it will set the error.

Durametric will work fine to do that. I have the Pro version for my cars.
Old 10-30-2022, 11:49 AM
MarkTro
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts

I had this same issue and agree with the previous reply.

Definitely have the sensor reset before you go through all the trouble.

I had changed my shifter and emergency brake done and had this issue. I also had the seat inserts redone and this occurred as well.

So, I’ve had to have it reset twice.

Quick Reply: Help with airbag sensor