Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This’ll solve your oil burnin issues :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 07:01 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 408 Posts
Default This’ll solve your oil burnin issues :)

Why rebuild an engine when you can just dump in a couple cans of Berryman’s? From burning a quart of oil per 300 miles to almost none! 😆

Well, not a Porsche but a Toyota with some crosshatched bores, and funny thing is he tried all these different treatments in his other videos including Seafoam and Marvel Mystery Oil and nothing worked except this. Is the answer to oil consumption just to clean out the carbon gunk? LOL.

https://youtu.be/EG70jHiT-S0

Last edited by Carreralicious; 10-15-2022 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:01 AM
8x57IRS
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

The oil consumption of the M9X engines is not due to coked piston rings, but interesting video! The cylinder bore surfaces of the Toyota still show the original factory machining marks.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:44 AM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,830 Likes on 925 Posts

My shop seems to think it could be the issue in some cases. They have had several cars in this year for oil consumption. After their treatment (in house solution they developed) 6 out of 7 cars saw a sizable improvement and one needed a rebuild due to scored bores which were why the car drank oil. The way it was explained to me is following.... This is rarely the current owners fault. If the original or the second owner followed the Porsche prescribed oil change intervals of 15k to 20k miles or 2 years then just think what happens to the oil over that time. As it starts to break down over that long drain interval, the deposits will start to form and attach themselves inside, ring lands being one of the spots. This won't happen over a single OCI but it will compound over time and harden. Sometimes all three rings will gradually get stuck causing compression issues and sometimes it will affect the oil control ring which will allow for more oil getting into the combustion chamber and get burned up. One easy way to check for this is checking your plugs to see if they are covered in black carbon and sticking a bore scope to see what the combustion chamber looks like. It won't look clean and new but if there is significant carbon build up you'll know it. Once these cars get to be 15 years or more no oil or increased change interval will help. Best thing you can do is drive the car and change the oil every 5k mi or 6 months.

I've been following that youtube series and command the guy for trying a variety of things and reporting back. Hope he fixes it!
Old 10-17-2022, 11:53 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 408 Posts

Yes, that guy’s channel is very entertaining. It’s good to see he has found something that works for him.

Now according to this guy, all 911s, Boxsters and Caymans have bore scoring (including Subarus) due to the flat engines and it’s ok! Says it again at the end of the video. LOL.

The following users liked this post:
tegraphile (10-17-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 12:02 PM
JamesBaxter
Rennlist Member

Received 219 Likes on 116 Posts

At this point I’ve just accepted my 3.6 9a1 is a thirsty girl!
The following users liked this post:
JAB_997 (10-22-2022)

Quick Reply: This’ll solve your oil burnin issues :)