Sponsored by:

Easy fix for cupholder door?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 01:14 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Easy fix for cupholder door?

Mine takes several attempts to get it to close and it seems totally random when it does. I have found some fixes on YouTube where they take it out and tinker with it to get it to work again, but that doesn’t seem like a long term solution and also that it solves it 100% of the time.

It seems like in an age when we have tiny strong rare earth magnets that now close anything from an iPad case to much heavier duty tasks, that they should be able to be attached to a couple discrete areas and keep it closed. Then when you need it open, pull the door open and leave it to use the cup holder.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:25 PM
bheit1
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by rodH
Mine takes several attempts to get it to close and it seems totally random when it does. I have found some fixes on YouTube where they take it out and tinker with it to get it to work again, but that doesn’t seem like a long term solution and also that it solves it 100% of the time.

It seems like in an age when we have tiny strong rare earth magnets that now close anything from an iPad case to much heavier duty tasks, that they should be able to be attached to a couple discrete areas and keep it closed. Then when you need it open, pull the door open and leave it to use the cup holder.
I had trouble closing mine until I discovered you need to fold in the cup adjustment mechanism before closing. If that doesn't work you may have to rely on
replacement parts or creativity.

Quick Reply: Easy fix for cupholder door?