Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Replacement Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2022 | 01:39 PM
Sunseeker09
Advanced

Default Interior Replacement Parts

Hey all, first post here. Got me a 997.2 C4 PDK from 2009 out in Finland (not a car friendly country with all the taxes...).
I have been searching the net for parts to replace or upgrade the interior of my car (center console, etc.). Anyone ever did that? Did they go with OEM parts or found some good quality ones elsewhere? Saw very few out on eBay (cocoa leather).

Say and fun drive y'all!
Old 08-13-2022 | 01:52 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

eBay is a good source. If you want to upgrade to leather trim exclusive option or classic 9 offer quality aftermarket pieces.

The following users liked this post:
Sunseeker09 (08-14-2022)
Old 08-14-2022 | 07:16 AM
Sunseeker09
Advanced

Yeah I do wanna check out the leather options. I will see what these 2 places have. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Sunseeker09; 08-14-2022 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-14-2022 | 10:49 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

2009 C2S 182K miles

I purchased interior parts through eBay many times. I have contacted dismantlers here in the USA often, and found they put their interior parts on eBay so I never had success contacting them directly (for interior parts).

I am slowly.... over the last 10 years, looking to change my interior look.... in short, specialty interior parts are hard to find in my experience.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Old 08-14-2022 | 12:24 PM
Sunseeker09
Advanced

Thanks Bruce. Mine has 102k miles (never had a car with that many miles, scary at times).
I also want to update the interior from the cheap plastic pieces to leather or aluminum. Will take the time it needs… and go with quality. Not every eBay reseller delivers in my neck of the wood…
First I need to fix the leather on one of the seat, got scratched by something (belt probably).

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 08-15-2022 | 10:30 AM
frybear
Pro

I've done this. I was able to get a full leather center console which included the ebrake, ebrake handle and banana piece in leather as well as a "new" shifter boot/**** and the piece under the silver trim in leather. heavy-smash-salvage (think that was the ebay seller) gave me a deal at $1700 including shipping from Latvia. Easily the cheapest option I could find and the leather work is impeccable. I also went with the leather side pieces on either side of the stereo stack.
Old 08-15-2022 | 12:20 PM
bogotajoe
Instructor

I just finished doing my entire interior. Console was OEM new Leather Dashboard was OEM used From LA dismantler. I remove the old one and installed the new one myself Seats are OEM knew that I bought off of eBay. Door panels were used and I had them recovered and leather and Alcântara. I bought a used carpet from a car that was converted into a race car and had virtually no miles on it. Rear quarter panels I bought OEM used. Sunvisors I had covered and Alcântara. I recovered much of the remaining parts in leather or Alcântara myself.
Old 08-15-2022 | 02:10 PM
Sunseeker09
Advanced

Would love to see the interiors of your cars if you don't mind! I will look for the seller on ebay as it's nearby.
My plan is to do most in leather (cocoa) and switch the stitching from cocoa to white (color of the car). Will do as much as possible OEM or Exclusive Option (either ebay if they deliver to Finland or ask my dealer for the price...). Will also replace some of the trims from that greyish fake aluminum to galvanized aluminum similar to my PDK lever (center vents, strip in front of the cup holders, etc).

Will take some time (need to keep the wife happy) but will get it done eventually
Old 08-15-2022 | 02:20 PM
Alex Koutin
Intermediate

Thumbs up Classic 9 is ..classy

Originally Posted by kellen
eBay is a good source. If you want to upgrade to leather trim exclusive option or classic 9 offer quality aftermarket pieces.
Just wanted to give mad props to Rod K and his crew for handling my order and subsequent 8 months later return of never installed leather kit for my 997.2 as it was no longer required. Please note that some hides/colors may take significant procurement time. But i digress.

Where in the industry...or retail at large would you find such gracious return term?

Not only Classic 9 are standout craftsmen, Rod is also a standout businessman.
Old 08-15-2022 | 03:06 PM
F77
Rennlist Member

This is a complete Exclusive Option interior. As others have said, there are cheaper alternatives. You can also do a section at a time spreading the cost out.

speedracerf4i (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022 | 12:59 AM
Sunseeker09
Advanced

It looks stunning! Love the two tone. Won't work as well on mine. Who installed all of these? your PC?
I have the basic seats, might do a swap at some point. Cost in itself is ok, but I have a deal with the wife, whatever I spend on the car (including its purchases), she gets 10% in cash... makes things more expensive...
I already have the top of the dash and side console in leather. I made a list of all the pieces I want to add. So you got your climat covered in leather? How is it? I was on the fence for that one. Will probably start with something small like PDK bezel and surrounding. W
Old 08-16-2022 | 11:03 AM
F77
Rennlist Member

My wife said she’s going to bury me in this car. Every single thing in the car is covered in leather, gauges, switches, mirror, pillars, etc….I went over board to say the least. Initially like yourself was just looking for “pieces” to replace like center consul, but when I finally saw the car in person and in good light I was ticked off given the real condition of interior and price of car. Shipped the car to Exclusive Option in California and 5 months later the entire interior was complete.
Old 08-16-2022 | 12:09 PM
speedracerf4i
Pro

Originally Posted by F77
My wife said she’s going to bury me in this car. Every single thing in the car is covered in leather, gauges, switches, mirror, pillars, etc….I went over board to say the least. Initially like yourself was just looking for “pieces” to replace like center consul, but when I finally saw the car in person and in good light I was ticked off given the real condition of interior and price of car. Shipped the car to Exclusive Option in California and 5 months later the entire interior was complete.
I do love leather parts from Exclusive Options, especially the ones that the factory do not offer. I've never seen stitched leather covered glove box and under dash treatment before. It looks really nice.
Parts in your picture that I would love to have, not in order:
1. Chrono (mine is just plain leather, love the stitching treatment).
2. Glove box and under-dash.
3. Side door sill
4. Steering Column cowl
5. Triangle mirror switch covers
6. Overhead dome light surround

I have the widow switch bezel and the shifter frame from Exclusive Options and can vouch for their craftmanship.

Last edited by speedracerf4i; 08-16-2022 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2022 | 03:53 PM
F77
Rennlist Member

speedracerf4i (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022 | 04:05 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

genuinely curious...

I felt exclusive options was a bit too pricey, considering a few other options available. Good work, however if you're willing to pay for it.

The above looks like what, $25-30k of leather work? Considering something like a centre console rewrap with them is $2k

Quick Reply: Interior Replacement Parts