Part popped off the convertible top

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 04:10 PM
SonicJLee
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Part popped off the convertible top

Hello Rennlist,

When I was putting the top up on my 2009 Carrera 4S Cabriolet yesterday, I heard a pop on the passenger side about 25% into the top raising process and the part in the picture had popped onto the cloth top. Can someone tell me what this part is? I couldn't find a corresponding part of the drivers side. I was able to put the top up without any other problems but haven't tried putting the top back down yet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Joe
Old 07-18-2022, 09:03 AM
8KaboveMSL
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 180 Posts

it is a lever that closes one of the flaps that cover gaps when the top is down. I've had one just shear off. That looks like it is in good shape to be reinstalled. There are two flaps that come up to cover gaps between the clamshell and the body (that the soft covers when up) when the top is down.

Take a look at both sides and you'll likely see that one of the flaps is not there when the top is down. look at the opposite side to see how the part fits in. you may have to put your top in the service position to see clearly,
The following users liked this post:
997.2GTS (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 10:12 AM
SonicJLee
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 8KaboveMSL
it is a lever that closes one of the flaps that cover gaps when the top is down. I've had one just shear off. That looks like it is in good shape to be reinstalled. There are two flaps that come up to cover gaps between the clamshell and the body (that the soft covers when up) when the top is down.

Take a look at both sides and you'll likely see that one of the flaps is not there when the top is down. look at the opposite side to see how the part fits in. you may have to put your top in the service position to see clearly,
Thank you! I plan to take a close look this afternoon.

Sincerely,
Joe

Quick Reply: Part popped off the convertible top