Sponsored by:

Need help with coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 01:28 AM
ARODR
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need help with coolant leak

Hello to all. I’m new around here. Been a 2005 C2s owner for about 7 months. Not my daily driver. Took the 911 to work today and on the way home as I was nearing my freeway exit I smelled the faint scent of coolant but wasn’t sure. I made a stop at the supermarket to grab some items for dinner and noticed a puddle forming at the driver side rear of engine. I popped open the rear deck and noticed that it looked like coolant had also sprayed in the engine bay because the underside of the deck had some moisture on it. I only live a block from the store so I drove the car home so I could get a better look of where the leak was coming from. It looks like it’s coming right from where the water pump is. Car just broke 100k miles this month. So far I’ve done an oil change, swapped the engine and cabin filter, changed the serpentine belt, new frunk struts, swapped the old cracked windshield cowl, wiper blades, windshield washer squirter motor, and replaced the headlights & taillights with some used units that are in far better shape than the cracked ones the car had. I was planning on doing the spark plugs, coil packs, and AOS next month but looks like i might as well do them at the same time as the water pump, if that’s what went out on my car. Im trying to upload some vids I took.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1977.MOV (19.66 MB, 18 views)
File Type: mov
IMG_1978.MOV (10.41 MB, 15 views)
Old 07-16-2022, 08:21 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,723 Likes on 4,276 Posts

Odds are that's the 2nd water pump on the car. They only last about 50k miles on average, but I'm sure that's your issue from what you describe.

Plugs and coils, definitely at the same time, AOS is kind of unrelated from a service area perspective, but you can certainly add that since you'll have the serpentine belt off and airbox out.
Old 07-16-2022, 06:41 PM
ARODR
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the advice !

Quick Reply: Need help with coolant leak