Battery Dead - Issues Opening Frunk

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 01:47 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,046 Likes on 590 Posts

Hi Everyone, glad to see the OP was able to get the issue resolved. Just wanted to chime in and offer an additional solution for those who might be interested. While an alternative 12v source can be connected to the alternate terminal to energize the system so the fob can be used to open the frunk, we offer a battery that actually has a wireless built in Jump start to make it as easy as possible to get you back up and running. The battery has a full management system that will shut the battery off before it can be over discharged, so if for example the lights are left on, the BMS will shut the battery down so it can't be drained further. At the same time it does this at a point where you have a dedicated amount of capacity that should be able to provide 3-4 solid start attempts. So after the battery shuts down you can trigger the Restart feature via the button on the battery or, if you find yourself now locked out of the frunk, you can use one of the two wireless key fobs that come with the battery to trigger the ReStart function, start the car, or open the frunk to charge the battery back up. Please feel free to check out the video below and as always, let us know if you have any questions at all.

Old 02-23-2022, 03:03 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by AMP997.2C4S
Next project is to figure out which Lloyd Floor Mats best match the Natural Brown Leather from the 2011 year. I have samples coming from Lloyds to do a match.
May I strongly suggest function before beauty. Install Wayne's cable release solution first!
Old 02-24-2022, 02:36 PM
AMP997.2C4S
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frybear
Glad you got it working! if you have a spare battery great but I would look into the jump pack I posted above. easier to maneuver and all you have to do is charge it every once in awhile. And it's portable so good for road trips if you are worried about your battery. As for Lloyds, unfortunately they don't have the license any longer for Porsche so while they are nice mats, and I have a set with the Porsche lettering, they don't do it any longer. Ebay has some with the logo but I think they're only in black.
Thanks frybear - i did get a jump pack as well for the future.
The following users liked this post:
frybear (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 02:37 PM
AMP997.2C4S
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 997.2GTS
Have you considered Cocomats? They really add a nice touch to the car and elevate the interior quality. And they are quality mats themselves.
Those do look nice, I'll add them into the potential options. In the north, those nice caramel tan mats to match the interior - they'll get pretty ugly looking quick.
The following users liked this post:
997.2GTS (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 07:57 PM
997.2GTS
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by AMP997.2C4S
Those do look nice, I'll add them into the potential options. In the north, those nice caramel tan mats to match the interior - they'll get pretty ugly looking quick.
What impressed me is how thick, durable, self-cleaning and well made they are. Cocomats also send samples out, and offer a wide variety of color and pattern.

Quick Reply: Battery Dead - Issues Opening Frunk