Sponsored by:

Upgrading Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 11:00 PM
Chrismerl
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading Steering Wheel

I recently decided to upgrade my 997 steering wheel to a Porsche 991.2 steering wheel from a PorscheMacan Since all Porsche 911 steering wheels from the mid 1990s through Current fit on the same hub size. I watched several videos on YouTube about this. My question is that I have a trip tonic transmission in my 997 when I went to install the upgraded steering wheel the PDK paddle shifters would not work. Does anyone know a fixed to this. Does this have to be reprogrammed or is there some type of adapter that needs to be installed?
Old 02-20-2022, 12:46 AM
Il Brutto
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrismerl
I recently decided to upgrade my 997 steering wheel to a Porsche 991.2 steering wheel from a PorscheMacan Since all Porsche 911 steering wheels from the mid 1990s through Current fit on the same hub size. I watched several videos on YouTube about this. My question is that I have a trip tonic transmission in my 997 when I went to install the upgraded steering wheel the PDK paddle shifters would not work. Does anyone know a fixed to this. Does this have to be reprogrammed or is there some type of adapter that needs to be installed?
You might wanna check this out https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ed-module.html

Quick Reply: Upgrading Steering Wheel