Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 428CJ video with 997.1 Turbo in background of warehouse full of covered Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 10:35 PM
998TT
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
Default 68 428CJ video with 997.1 Turbo in background of warehouse full of covered Porsches

Last edited by 998TT; 02-18-2022 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2022, 11:23 PM
Purpurite
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

What a great find! Beautiful 68.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:59 AM
Khloesdad
Rennlist Member

Received 548 Likes on 385 Posts

Wow, 1 of 1. That would bring huge $$$ and Barret Jackson.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:26 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

And... that fellow started the engine of a long garaged car, ran it for a few minutes without load and stopped it... That engine suddenly became less special.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:16 AM
998TT
Advanced

Originally Posted by ADias
And... that fellow started the engine of a long garaged car, ran it for a few minutes without load and stopped it... That engine suddenly became less special.
Hmmm... interesting observation.....

I suspect you must know that most YouTube videos are edited, so you have no idea how long the vehicle was run or if it was "loaded" unless you were there .... which isn't likely based upon your post which declares your lack of first-hand knowledge.

It appears that they were conscientious enough to drain and replace the fluids, so they likely took other precautions.

I would buy that car in a flash knowing that they had the presence of mind to change the fluids before starting. In fact, I'd buy that car even if they didn't change the fluids.

However, there is always someone lurking with a keyboard that can take a complete absence of knowledge and spin it into something negative in their vacuous mind to share with others who hopefully recognize the fatuous nature of the opinion. This isn't directed toward you, unless the shoe fits.

Old 02-21-2022, 01:49 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by 998TT
Hmmm... interesting observation.....

I suspect you must know that most YouTube videos are edited, so you have no idea how long the vehicle was run or if it was "loaded" unless you were there .... which isn't likely based upon your post which declares your lack of first-hand knowledge.

It appears that they were conscientious enough to drain and replace the fluids, so they likely took other precautions.

I would buy that car in a flash knowing that they had the presence of mind to change the fluids before starting. In fact, I'd buy that car even if they didn't change the fluids.

However, there is always someone lurking with a keyboard that can take a complete absence of knowledge and spin it into something negative in their vacuous mind to share with others who hopefully recognize the fatuous nature of the opinion. This isn't directed toward you, unless the shoe fits.
The video might have been edited and the car might have been started and driven for 20 miles before being shut down. That is what an enthusiast making a video would have done and would have reported. That was not the case in that video, as the impression was that all was done in situ, so the question remains.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:42 AM
998TT
Advanced

Originally Posted by ADias
The video might have been edited and the car might have been started and driven for 20 miles before being shut down. That is what an enthusiast making a video would have done and would have reported. That was not the case in that video, as the impression was that all was done in situ, so the question remains.
I trust you know your comment above makes no sense other than proving you have no foundational basis for your comment.

You took a benign post and spun it into a weird negative that makes no sense.

In addition, you must have learned the perils of ***/u/ming anything in life.

If not, ask someone about why making assumptions and offering half-baked opinions without any foundational knowledge is not a smart play.

Anyway, good try and I wish you well.

Last edited by 998TT; 02-22-2022 at 01:44 AM.

Quick Reply: 68 428CJ video with 997.1 Turbo in background of warehouse full of covered Porsches