Sponsored by:

Front Bumper Respray NYC

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 09:47 PM
misterdega
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 178 Posts
Default Front Bumper Respray NYC

Anyone have a recommendation for a place to do a front bumper respray in NYC area or near? Also general price would be great.

Looking for first hand experiences only. THANKS!
Old 02-16-2022, 09:13 AM
9elvn
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 66 Posts

Final touch Collison in west NY is hands down the best in my opinion. Robert and his team are true artists and they love Porsches!!
they paint matched my front aero bumper and bumperettes cover perfectly on 13yr old arctic silver paint
The following users liked this post:
misterdega (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 09:44 AM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 223 Posts

Curious about this, @misterdega . Respray just for the front clip? Have you lucked out on your hood and fenders getting peppered or not adding to this project? I ask because my 911S seems to magnetically attract every pebble, rock, or stone and I've picked up a veritable **** ton of chips in my first 16,000 miles of ownership. Paint is 99% original, so I've been thinking I wait as long as I can before I tackle a big respray. But now I'm wondering about some topical repair and XPEL to delay the process.
Old 02-16-2022, 01:04 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Hootsama
Curious about this, @misterdega . Respray just for the front clip? Have you lucked out on your hood and fenders getting peppered or not adding to this project? I ask because my 911S seems to magnetically attract every pebble, rock, or stone and I've picked up a veritable **** ton of chips in my first 16,000 miles of ownership. Paint is 99% original, so I've been thinking I wait as long as I can before I tackle a big respray. But now I'm wondering about some topical repair and XPEL to delay the process.
I’ve had good luck with Dr Colorchip in the past.

It’s a good 5 ft repair and does wonders when the chips are dark and the paint is light.

Before:

After:

Last edited by ATX_Native; 02-16-2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:50 PM
misterdega
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Hootsama
Actually respray is less rock chips and more wanting to take out the bumper holes and the paint itself cracking on the front bumper (as well as. some bad scratches that show up easily on the black paint).

My car has over 100k miles and is my daily so all the little rock chips and such I just accept.
Old 02-17-2022, 07:42 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 754 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by 9elvn
Final touch Collison in west NY is hands down the best in my opinion. Robert and his team are true artists and they love Porsches!!
they paint matched my front aero bumper and bumperettes cover perfectly on 13yr old arctic silver paint
I agree. I’ve used them to paint my side skirts when I had a Boxster and it was a perfect match. Will go to them again when I need my front bumper on my 997 redone one day.
The following users liked this post:
misterdega (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 09:21 AM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX_Native
I’ve had good luck with Dr Colorchip in the past.

It’s a good 5 ft repair and does wonders when the chips are dark and the paint is light.
Thanks! I've been looking at Dr. Color Chip for the many little chips that seem to stand out to me.

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Respray NYC