997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New stone guard

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2022 | 09:58 PM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

63mercedes put 2 dots to left of guard so u have smiley face! Maybe 2 white dots on stone guard . Or remove window tint so people can see ur s*** eating grin when driving.

Last edited by ManoTexas; 02-09-2022 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2022 | 06:25 PM
63mercedes
Burning Brakes

I have H&R springs sitting here. I think that is going to come before the dots lol. It is a fun car to drive, a dream come true. We're thankful for buying in oct of 20 when the prices were pretty much at the bottom. I couldn't afford a good .2 manual 4s with 40k miles now. 75-85 is out of the budget lol. I had to go matte black as my headlight rings and door decals are matte also. The clear stretches the look a bit I feel.
The following users liked this post:
ManoTexas (02-11-2022)
Old 02-10-2022 | 09:57 PM
EurozoneTuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by F1 Kevin
Hi all,

Recently had my car paint corrected and ceramic coated, turned out incredible.

The passenger side stone guard is not salvageable. Guy who did the correction was worried about removing stone guard and pulling paint off behind it.

Any thoughts on it's removal and replacement? Am I crazy to think putting a matte black replacement over is an option?

Thanks

Our stone guard looked exactly like this. It can be removed, but the process will be a bit tedious.

Start off with a steamer and pull off as much of the existing film as you can. Then for the adhesive, you can rub with an adhesive remover or use an eraser wheel (time consuming part). Eraser wheel works best. Try not to be too aggressive with it.

You will need to polish the area (2 or 3 stage correction most likely), then you will be ready to install the new film.

Porsche & Euro OEM+ Retrofits/Braking/Custom Wheels and Interior

Bloomfield, CT USA
www.EurozoneTuning.com
Email | FB | Instagram | Direct Message
The following users liked this post:
63mercedes (02-11-2022)
Old 02-12-2022 | 03:28 AM
hnordstrm
Intermediate

Default Clear or matte black

Thinking of matt black stone gards… yes or no? My clear ones is really good so it’s just for the looks Or perhaps just get the magnetic ones (thanks for the tip) and keep the clear under... When order new car back in 2011 was it possible to choose betweem clear/black when ticking the boxes?
Old 02-12-2022 | 11:09 AM
63mercedes
Burning Brakes

Not sure, I don't remember seeing stone guards on a build sheet ever. If I had to guess they all came clear. I'd go matte black on a red GTS. It shortens the wheel base visually, I prefer it.
Old 02-12-2022 | 03:44 PM
hnordstrm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 63mercedes
Not sure, I don't remember seeing stone guards on a build sheet ever. If I had to guess they all came clear. I'd go matte black on a red GTS. It shortens the wheel base visually, I prefer it.
Thanks
Old 02-12-2022 | 08:21 PM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jeffc2731
Tried calling/emailing Magnagrafik but no reply; their mailbox is full.
That's the rub with Magnagrafik. Good product and great catalog but F*all for customer service. When I placed my order I didn't get any confirmation. It was years ago so I don't know if it has changed but I didn't get a peep from them for months. Then it unexpectedly arrived in the mail. I'd order from them again since the product is sound and they have really cool graphics but now I know to expect zero communication.
Old 02-12-2022 | 09:49 PM
BillB128
Racer

Originally Posted by hnordstrm
Thinking of matt black stone gards… yes or no? My clear ones is really good so it’s just for the looks Or perhaps just get the magnetic ones (thanks for the tip) and keep the clear under... When order new car back in 2011 was it possible to choose betweem clear/black when ticking the boxes?
I think black stone guards would look great with the Guards Red and black wheels that you have.
Old 02-13-2022 | 02:26 AM
hnordstrm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BillB128
I think black stone guards would look great with the Guards Red and black wheels that you have.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: New stone guard