Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 front turn signal connector access?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 02:50 PM
eaks
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Default 997.2 front turn signal connector access?

Hi all,

I have a 2009 turbo which I believe has the 997.2 updates (minus engine for turbo). I have an issue where I get an error on the dash about signal lights. I have a scanner and it gives an error on the front control unit for driver turn signal so I'm assuming that's where the issue is. Originally when I bought the car it was an intermittent issue at first but has been solid last few weeks. The turn signals do function as normal but the indicator on the dash flashes fast (again signal lights flash at normal speed).

I would like to look at the connector as I noticed while wiring in my reverse camera that the rear light body harness was a bit loose so I tightened up the female pins on the connector and never had an issue again (this could have been caused by my testing with multimeter in the harness to figure out the correct wires to use). I am expecting this may be the issue on the front and just a higher resistance Sent to the Ecu as the light does function properly.

I've read to replace the front signals you need to pull the bumper. I will do this if required but I'd rather now. Ideally I can just access the connector and have a look at it.

Any ideas?
Old 01-05-2022, 03:03 PM
eaks
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Just an update. I got to the connector by removing the front wheel liner. Im really stumped with this one. I get an error code of 802A with both my Autel unit as well as my durametric (I dont have the full version). Im wondering if I can program it to non-leds and see if it will work. I also tried to install a resistor across the turn signal but still gave the error. Im wondering if its a possible issue with the ECU or if I am just missing something simple.
Old 09-11-2023, 01:51 PM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Can someone please explain to me why the front fender/bumper needs to be removed to access a bulb socket in the daytime running light (997.2), when the prior model 997.1 allowed the removal via a plastic tool? Maybe the most ridiculous thing I've encountered in a 911 in some time.
Old 09-12-2023, 07:16 PM
Rhern213
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by oalvarez
Can someone please explain to me why the front fender/bumper needs to be removed to access a bulb socket in the daytime running light (997.2), when the prior model 997.1 allowed the removal via a plastic tool? Maybe the most ridiculous thing I've encountered in a 911 in some time.
Try going to a Porsche dealer and asking the price to replace a fog light bulb, that should be a fun conversation.
The following users liked this post:
oalvarez (09-13-2023)

Quick Reply: 997.2 front turn signal connector access?