Sponsored by:

997.1 CS trouble shifting into 2nd and 6th

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 12:32 PM
DanMartineau
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997.1 CS trouble shifting into 2nd and 6th

After losing out on several 997's I was chasing this Spring I finally got one in May, a 06 CCS. Against better judgement, I didn't fly out to OK to drive it before I purchased it. Also allowed the dealer to have the PPI done since they were sending the car there to have it gone over top to bottom. Bottom line - the car needed a clutch within days of receiving it. The local indy "Porsche Whisperer" also indicated the gearbox was having issues going into 6th which wasn't the end of the world but now it's having a hard time going into 2nd...

So it's time to have gearbox/ transmission addressed. I live in Central NC (Greensboro) and used C+C Eurosports for the clutch. I trust him but he said he might have to send it out depending upon what needs to be addressed. So does anyone know a Porsche Indy in NC that specializes in Transmission work or have any thoughts on the best way to address this?

Also, I've heard it could be 3-8K. That's a huge variance. Thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-17-2021, 06:24 PM
stunistu
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 2006 manual transmission with 85K on it that shifted fine when it came out of the car. The back story is I sold the car with a new 4.0 engine in it and the new buyer wanted to install his own transmission in it. I would want $3500 for it plus shipping from Maine. No need to make a quick decision, just throwing out an option.
Stu Nickerson
stuhpps@hotmail.com
Old 12-17-2021, 07:53 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,966 Likes on 2,938 Posts

Originally Posted by DanMartineau
After losing out on several 997's I was chasing this Spring I finally got one in May, a 06 CCS. Against better judgement, I didn't fly out to OK to drive it before I purchased it. Also allowed the dealer to have the PPI done since they were sending the car there to have it gone over top to bottom. Bottom line - the car needed a clutch within days of receiving it. The local indy "Porsche Whisperer" also indicated the gearbox was having issues going into 6th which wasn't the end of the world but now it's having a hard time going into 2nd...
So it's time to have gearbox/ transmission addressed. I live in Central NC (Greensboro) and used C+C Eurosports for the clutch. I trust him but he said he might have to send it out depending upon what needs to be addressed. So does anyone know a Porsche Indy in NC that specializes in Transmission work or have any thoughts on the best way to address this?
Also, I've heard it could be 3-8K. That's a huge variance. Thoughts.
Thanks in advance!
How many miles on your car? The transmission in my 06 C4 was replaced when it had about 12,000 miles on it long long time ago. No idea why but I've heard a couple stories of transmission issues but just not something you hear about often.
**Have you tried different Transmission Fluid?? Or changing it?
Several Threads on the subject and I'd start there.

Good luck resolving the issue.

Quick Reply: 997.1 CS trouble shifting into 2nd and 6th