Sponsored by:

AP's 997.1 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024 | 05:04 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SSMOKE-U
I'm assuming you made the trim piece?
Which ones? The shift trim? That’s the plastic piece that the OEM boot is glued and stabled to - i removed the old boot from the donor and shaved down and refinished the plastic before dropping it with McCoys here in NYC to wrap along with my lower dash and glovebox to match my steering wheel.

I’ll ultimately do my door cards too but that’s more involved than i anticipated once i investigated the donor door cards
Old 07-03-2024 | 05:29 PM
SSMOKE-U
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraAlex
Which ones? The shift trim? That’s the plastic piece that the OEM boot is glued and stabled to - i removed the old boot from the donor and shaved down and refinished the plastic before dropping it with McCoys here in NYC to wrap along with my lower dash and glovebox to match my steering wheel.

I’ll ultimately do my door cards too but that’s more involved than i anticipated once i investigated the donor door cards
I'm referring to the shift trim piece that the boot is stapled to. I like that, came out really nice. I always thought it was a shame to hide the Numeric shifter cause its like a piece of art. I may see if I can get a guy locally here to do something similar.
Old 07-03-2024 | 05:38 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Sweet! unfortunately we can’t buy these without a boot attached - i took some 3d scans and am going to play around with mortifying it a bit and making some to feel more “complete”. there are some parts of the lower trim you can see through it.

If it comes out well when the time comes i’ll make a few
The following 2 users liked this post by CarreraAlex:
Ohio Performance (07-03-2024), SSMOKE-U (07-05-2024)
Old 07-03-2024 | 05:50 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SSMOKE-U
I'm referring to the shift trim piece that the boot is stapled to. I like that, came out really nice. I always thought it was a shame to hide the Numeric shifter cause its like a piece of art. I may see if I can get a guy locally here to do something similar.
Another thought i had, but didn’t do, was to buy a PDK trim piece and see if that would be better suited since it wraps all the way around
Old 07-13-2024 | 11:26 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Couple pics from Porchella here in brooklyn. A lot of amazing cars and people!

Next weekend i’m taking some driving videos with some exhaust sound, although it’s still not completely as loud as it will get. need to drive it a bit more and a bit harder. Oh no

The following 2 users liked this post by CarreraAlex:
myw (07-14-2024), Ohio Performance (07-14-2024)
Old 07-22-2024 | 12:35 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Here's some more beauty shots from early this past sunday morning. Really happy with how this car has come together! Few more things on my list...

As for any further body mods - i've been debating the Gemballa GTR750 hood to finalize the classic-ish homage i'm going for:

I'd love opinions. It is carbon fiber so there is some level of practicality to it.

I've also thought about cracking open my front fogs and spraying the housing black chrome to reduce the amount of chrome at the front of the vehicle.

Other than that, I'm removing my tint to show off my interior a bit more (cocomats for the win!) and have been debating on swapping out my carpet for black carpet...but really don't want to take these seats out again..

The following 4 users liked this post by CarreraAlex:
cloud9blue (07-25-2024), myw (07-22-2024), Ohio Performance (07-26-2024), SSMOKE-U (07-24-2024)

Quick Reply: AP's 997.1 C2S