Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 Power Issue After X-Pipe Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2021 | 11:07 AM
dubsiren
Advanced

Originally Posted by Petza914
I have the Fabspeed 200 cell X-pipe and none of these issues. Someone messed up something with the X-pipe install, probably related to the O2 sensors? Any CELs or codes? What are they?

The O2 sensors are color coded per side - blue on one side and grey on the other. The other thing I've seen people do is not disconnect them from the connection blocks at the rear of the engine compartment and jsut unscrew them with the connection end still connected and then rescrew them in - this is way too much twisting of the wires for them to survive, but people that don't know how easy they are to disconnect and reconnect do it the wrong way and damage them - they're not cheap!
no CEL codes. But my OBD Link software is only showing voltage on O2 sensor 2. O2 sensor 1 shows 0. This is even after replacement of the O2 sensors.
Old 10-12-2021 | 11:18 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dubsiren
no CEL codes. But my OBD Link software is only showing voltage on O2 sensor 2. O2 sensor 1 shows 0. This is even after replacement of the O2 sensors.
Go to the back of the car and in each corner are the connection blocks for the O2 sensors. You lift the locking clip and the plugs just lift out. For starters, make sure they're connected to the correct ports and on the correct sides. If I recall, it is obvious which one should go where and the grey wire sensors go on the grey plugs side and the blue wire sensors on the blue plugs side.
The following users liked this post:
CAVU (10-12-2021)
Old 10-12-2021 | 02:47 PM
dubsiren
Advanced

Go to the back of the car and in each corner are the connection blocks for the O2 sensors. You lift the locking clip and the plugs just lift out. For starters, make sure they're connected to the correct ports and on the correct sides. If I recall, it is obvious which one should go where and the grey wire sensors go on the grey plugs side and the blue wire sensors on the blue plugs side.
here is the reading from OBDLink at idle

Old 10-14-2021 | 04:30 PM
dubsiren
Advanced

Here are some scans from my car while at idle.

Car is still acting very strange. The hesitation is 100% reproducible. If I am driving at low speed, coasting, and blip the gas, it bottoms out and then downshifts. ALSO. If I do a 0-60 run, and step on the gas from 1st, the car hesitates, then wakes up and revs through the power band normally.

To recap:

997.1 S Tiptronic
GT3 Throttlebody
IPD Plenum
GIAC tune

No problems at all. Car was fast as ****.

THEN added Fabspeed X-pipe and new O2 sensors, and that’s when the trouble started. Shop says the O2 sensors are in correct order.
Old 10-14-2021 | 05:57 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So the GT3 throttle body and ipd plenum were already installed prior to the X-pipe or done at the same time?

Your bank 1 and bank 2 long term fuel trim numbers look odd like you may have a vacuum leak, which is usually at the plenum when installed as it's tough to get the rubber ends on properly.

You have a smoke test machine?
Old 10-14-2021 | 06:39 PM
dubsiren
Advanced

So the GT3 throttle body and ipd plenum were already installed prior to the X-pipe or done at the same time?

Your bank 1 and bank 2 long term fuel trim numbers look odd like you may have a vacuum leak, which is usually at the plenum when installed as it's tough to get the rubber ends on properly.

I don’t think I need one….. back to the shop it goes….

Old 10-14-2021 | 07:09 PM
dubsiren
Advanced

the throttle body and plenum were installed together with the tune. The x-pipe was installed a few weeks later.
Old 10-15-2021 | 11:43 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

the throttle body and plenum were installed together with the tune. The x-pipe was installed a few weeks later.
Extremely unlikely that it would be related to the X-pipe, it wouldn't cause those codes. Typically only P430/420 for Cat inefficiency.

Regardless, I am more than happy to help you work through it. Shoot me an email so we can connect - Service@Fabspeed.com

Old 10-15-2021 | 03:20 PM
dubsiren
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Extremely unlikely that it would be related to the X-pipe, it wouldn't cause those codes. Typically only P430/420 for Cat inefficiency.

Regardless, I am more than happy to help you work through it. Shoot me an email so we can connect - Service@Fabspeed.com
The only reason I point to the x-pipe is that the issue started IMMEDIATELY after the x-pipe was installed. Before the x-pipe, the car was running flawlessly. The only thing that changed were sensors and the x-pipe. The sensors have been completely replaced, a second time, still an issue.
Old 10-15-2021 | 03:58 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The only reason I point to the x-pipe is that the issue started IMMEDIATELY after the x-pipe was installed. Before the x-pipe, the car was running flawlessly. The only thing that changed were sensors and the x-pipe. The sensors have been completely replaced, a second time, still an issue.
I understand your frustrations completely, that is why I want to connect and see if our Engineers cant work to find a solution for you!

My reason for thinking it is unrelated to the X-pipe, and just a coincidence, is that the only portion of the X that has the potential to cause codes is the cats themselves. Which do not seem to be relevant to the codes you're showing. regardless all our products carry lifetime warranties, so you're more than welcome to send it in for testing as well!
Old 10-15-2021 | 04:19 PM
dubsiren
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
I understand your frustrations completely, that is why I want to connect and see if our Engineers cant work to find a solution for you!

My reason for thinking it is unrelated to the X-pipe, and just a coincidence, is that the only portion of the X that has the potential to cause codes is the cats themselves. Which do not seem to be relevant to the codes you're showing. regardless all our products carry lifetime warranties, so you're more than welcome to send it in for testing as well!
the shop that installed it will check the car out next week.
Old 10-15-2021 | 05:14 PM
wndsnd
Instructor

To me it sounds like a vacuum leak on a intake plenum boot. Is it possible that when you did the IPD that a boot clamp might have been loose or sealed incorrectly and just cooincidently just lost vacuum at same time you did the X-Pipe?
Old 10-22-2021 | 08:25 PM
dubsiren
Advanced

Originally Posted by wndsnd
To me it sounds like a vacuum leak on a intake plenum boot. Is it possible that when you did the IPD that a boot clamp might have been loose or sealed incorrectly and just cooincidently just lost vacuum at same time you did the X-Pipe?
I talked to the shop today. My car is staying over the weekend. They have tested, tested and tested, and it seems to be coming back to the Fabspeed x-pipe. Fabspeed wants them to pressure test the x-pipe. At this point, I am ready to throw the x-pipe in the river and put my old cats back on. The car was perfect before the x-pipe went on, and now it is 100% reproducible on the brink of stalling.
Old 10-22-2021 | 09:09 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

X-pipe ain't causing the issue n
Old 10-22-2021 | 09:13 PM
rtl5009
Three Wheelin'

This thread is hilarious
The following users liked this post:
Flat_Six_ (10-22-2021)

Quick Reply: 997.1 Power Issue After X-Pipe Install