Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can a 997.1 exhaust be retrofitted to a 997.2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 10:38 PM
Madisonns
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Can a 997.1 exhaust be retrofitted to a 997.2?

I'm in the process of trying to buy a custom fabricated center-exit exhaust for my 997.2 C2S, and came across one that I absolutely love, that was originally designed for a 997.1 C2S . Not concerned about connecting to stock tips (obviously), or fitment other than figuring out whether or not it will connect to the factory cats correctly and fit properly in the space. Also not entirely sure if the exhaust diameter is different or if the width between the cats is different (looks like a larger distance on the 997.1).

If it is at all possible, I would prefer to purchase the one in reference, instead of having something similar fabricated or just buying from a different company.

I have attached a picture of the one I'm interested in, for reference.

Any info or experiences/pictures would be appreciated, thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2021, 01:29 AM
Kuhl997.2!
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Just about anything can be accomplished with lots of money. The exhaust on the 997.2s is completely different from the exhaust on a 997..1s from the exhaust manifolds to the cats, to the side mufflers to the center muffler to the exhaust tips. The 997.2 GT3 came with yet another bestow exhaust where the tips exited in the center rather that on either side. Looking at the exhaust not only would you need a GT3 rear bumper or similar aftermarket bumper but you will have to modify the opening as the exhaust piece you have pictured looks quite a bit wider than the closely spaced GT3 spaced tips

Quick Reply: Can a 997.1 exhaust be retrofitted to a 997.2?