Aux Audio only on left speakers?? TUNAI Firefly LDAC

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 06:05 AM
AmericanSuccess
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Aux Audio only on left speakers?? TUNAI Firefly LDAC

Hello all!

I have purchased the TUNAI Firefly LDAC to use with the aux input so I can stream music to my 997.2 with bose.

Everything connects fine but the music only comes out the left side of the car? Really frustrating.

I've updated the TUNAI Firefly LDAC via its app but no difference. Has anyone had this issue and is it the car or the TUNAI?

Appreciate your help!
Old 08-22-2021, 01:55 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,178 Likes on 750 Posts

Wiggle and rotate the aux connector and you can get a number of combinations of speakers on and off. I needed to pull it out 1mm for correct operation. But that position is unstable. It really is a poor connection. I've tried a number of different plugs to no avail. I've put spacers between the male plug and the female plug. This also requireed tape and worked for a while and then it didn't. The problem is the female plug. During driving the connector will also self unplug, or at least shift to the point of diminished operation. You know this has happened when you start getting a lot of ignition noise in the sound.

I was going to change out the female plug, but have opted to try something different first. I'll be installing the 9XXRESEARCH.COM Carplay / AA interface board along with an XM box so the Aux plug is no longer needed. More on that in a few weeks.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:30 PM
AmericanSuccess
Instructor

Hello Wayne thank you for your input. I will try giving it a wiggle and see if it makes any difference, I did wander if maybe it wasn't in all the way but it was.

I did think about the car play upgrade and I would like that and a reversing camera. Was hoping to use this for a while and wait to see if Porsche release an upgraded head unit.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:39 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,371 Likes on 4,060 Posts

If you have a cell phone what has an audio out jack you can plug in a patch cable and see if you get sound from all speakers using that source. I have the Firefly in my Cayenne, my daughter's BMW, and my wake boat and all of them work perfectly. I'm guessing it's the aux port in your audio interface that might be the culprit, but it's possibly you got a bad Firefly too.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:20 PM
AmericanSuccess
Instructor

Sadly I don't have any phones with a headphone output! Someone decided they were overrated and we all need wireless headphones.

Come to think of it my laptop still has one so I'll take that out there and give it a try.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:27 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,371 Likes on 4,060 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanSuccess
Sadly I don't have any phones with a headphone output! Someone decided they were overrated and we all need wireless headphones.

Come to think of it my laptop still has one so I'll take that out there and give it a try.
It wasn't that they were overrated, it was that it made it really hard to make the phones water resistant and why they got rid of them. Same for replaceable batteries, which I miss dearly on the android platform. I carried an LG v20 for probably 4 years as it was the last replaceable battery phone with respectable specs, but have since moved on to a Galaxy Note which doesn't have one either and why I have Firefly's everywhere.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:02 PM
AmericanSuccess
Instructor

That overrated was an auto correct haha. Should say out dated, well atleast that's what I think I typed.

Quick Reply: Aux Audio only on left speakers?? TUNAI Firefly LDAC