Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 11:05 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 685 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Couldn't agree more. Too many stories here and elsewhere from people buying new side mufflers or modifying the original ones while leaving the center muffler alone and being disappointed. Both the side cans and the center muffler need to be addressed to freeing up the sound imo.
Agreed, If you are going to do 1 mod to make a difference it's the center muffler, but if you wanna take the build 1 step further swap out the sides and let it rip!

Old 09-02-2021, 02:00 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovemaui
Sounds good. I want to get a set of the topgear valved exhaust but they’ve been out of stock for quite awhile.
@ilovemaui Here's one that's very similar, heck it might even be made by the same company that makes the TopGear one. Great price too.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:50 PM
misterdega
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 178 Posts

How about for the .1s? Soul seems like a great option if you want valved. Tubi, Cargraphic, and Fabspeed... where do people sit?
The following users liked this post:
Soul Performance (09-03-2021)
Old 06-22-2023, 10:16 AM
TFO
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLU997
My arrived at exhaust combo is (997.2 C2S manual):
Fabspeed 200 cell headers. Expensive, shiny, cool, the secret to sonorous success.
Standard centre muffler. Not the devil everyone else says it is.
Standard PSE side cans 2nd hand from a wreck, with hillbilly remote control. I designed & implemented the control.
991.1 PSE tips, made 'em fit. Done.
TopGear centre muffler delete x pipe. In combination with PSE and 200 cell cats. Hideous, drove around with PSE valve permanently closed. (now relegated to the shed).

Have fun on your own journey, everyone's tastes are different, embrace.
How does your preferred setup sound/perform in normal mode of PSE? I ask as I have a 997.2 C2S (no PSE) with HJS 200 cats (in OE manifolds), OE side mufflers, and a Cargraphic X-pipe. One of my side mufflers has a broken baffle so need to replace. Debating if I do something with the X-pipe at the same time. My Cargraphic is a bit scabby after a few repairs over the years and I don’t love the sound at low rpm (not very refined). Thinking that for me perhaps all stock except the 200 cell cats might not be a bad call. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Best Sounding Exhaust