Sponsored by:

Rennafax request: Portland OR

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 12:07 PM
zoomyracecar
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Question Rennafax request: Portland OR

I'm brand new to the forum, but a long time Swedespeeder, BimmerForums and BenzWorlder - now looking for a reasonable 997 T4S to park along side my XC-70 Polestar - I think I found one in my range with a fun spec, but getting a PPI in Portland right now is near impossible (post-covid opening has every lift in town busy...).

A) is this the right place to post a rennafax request?
B) anyone around P'land have a chance to swing by?
C) Anyone with experience with GrandPix motors of Portland?

It's VIN: WP0BB29987S755511

I'm a little skittish about the PCCBs it wears; it's just had a clutch so its likely the RMS was done (but I don't have the binder of detailed maintenance I'd like to have...).

Exciting!
Old 07-21-2021, 01:19 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

I think this is @oronymo 's T4S methinks, correct?
Old 07-21-2021, 03:28 PM
zoomyracecar
Advanced

In reading his posts, sounds like it - new to the board, can I PM with a non-premium account? Would love to know if he ended up buying the powertrain warranty, and get a history lesson on the car - it's sharp.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:18 PM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 185 Posts

I purchased my ‘09 C2S cab from Grandprix. I have no complaints about the transaction. The car was well sorted and has been fairly maintenance free for two years. I’ve never heard of a rennafax.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:31 PM
zoomyracecar
Advanced

Originally Posted by ilovemaui
I’ve never heard of a rennafax.
"Rennafax" is looking for a rennlist board member close by the car for sale who could swing by and lay eyes on it. Out-of-state purchases without some local representation is a little scary...
Old 07-21-2021, 04:38 PM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by zoomyracecar
"Rennafax" is looking for a rennlist board member close by the car for sale who could swing by and lay eyes on it. Out-of-state purchases without some local representation is a little scary...
“I see”, said the blind man.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:26 PM
jamal08
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zoomyracecar
Have you tried checking with Marque Motors for a PPI by chance? They might be able to get you in fairly soon. I know Stuttgart is booked out for a very long time
The following users liked this post:
Hella-Buggin' (07-23-2021)
Old 07-21-2021, 05:31 PM
zoomyracecar
Advanced

Originally Posted by jamal08
Have you tried checking with Marque Motors for a PPI by chance? They might be able to get you in fairly soon. I know Stuttgart is booked out for a very long time
Literally everyone. Even other dealers. Hoping for a rennlister to at least eye-ball it... or it was one of the board members, some real info...
Old 07-22-2021, 02:08 AM
Elliotw44
Rennlist Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 420 Posts

I have stopped by Grand Prix motors once. I am a big 997 fan and they always seem have some sweet inventory of Porsches. The salesman was nice and let me walk around and check out the showroom. They continue to always get great spec'd cars and so someone at the dealership has a good eye. I was particularly interested in a 997 GT3/GT3 RS. There has been some discussion over in the GT3 section about the quality of the 997 GT3/RS that have been offered for sale from Grand Prix. I never discussed a deal with them on particular car but other forums members who talked with Grand Prix claim that Grand Prix was up front with car history(accident/track history). I believe they priced the cars with history fairly given the market. I would purchase a vehicle from them is my take away from my personal experience and their offerings. I'll be in Portland August 10th-15th. which is awhile away. I can do a rennfax then if needed.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:48 PM
ohmyggg
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I’m in Portland and would be happy to check the car out for you. I don’t have a ton of experience driving manuals, so if you needed a test drive, I won’t be the best at identifying nuanced transmission issues but I have a rather OCD set of eyes/ears/opinions, etc.

If interested, shoot me a PM and we can discuss a game plan.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:48 PM
Kuhl997.2!
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 92 Posts

Grand Prix motors has been around for awhile, I have seen them list several nice cars on Bring A Trailer and don’t recall seeing anything negative. Sunset Porsche is in Beaverton about a half hour away they May be able to do a PPI. Cheers
Old 07-23-2021, 03:51 PM
zoomyracecar
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kuhl997.2!
Grand Prix motors has been around for awhile, I have seen them list several nice cars on Bring A Trailer and don’t recall seeing anything negative. Sunset Porsche is in Beaverton about a half hour away they May be able to do a PPI. Cheers
thanks, all. good call on sunset, hadn't stretched out to b'ton.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:07 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by jamal08

I live in Portland and Kurt from Marque is my guy.
The following users liked this post:
stiffler199 (07-26-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 04:44 PM
Newt Gomez
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

If it wasn't harvest time on the farm right now, I could swing down there. I test drove a 14 Cayman from there when I was Porsche shopping and they have nice cars on their showroom and are pretty up front people. I'd do a PPI if I had the time and I wasn't out in Eugene.

Quick Reply: Rennafax request: Portland OR