Sponsored by:

Power seat stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021 | 11:30 PM
blaise
Intermediate

Default Power seat stopped working

Hi all,

I’m looking for any wisdom on what might have caused my driver’s side power seat to stop working entirely. The passenger seat works fine, and the memory buttons still beep when pressed, but neither the memory buttons nor the seat controls are having any effect. I checked the fuses in the main fuse box, and they are good. Since I am not getting any sounds or motor whirs, it seems to me to be some sort of broken electrical connection, or perhaps a fuse onboard the seat assembly itself? It happened out of the blue - to my knowledge nothing changed from yesterday when it worked to today when it did not.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 06-23-2021 | 09:50 AM
pro1200
Instructor

This happened to my driver seat a couple of years ago and the description of the service that the tech performed is "No communication was present with seat memory module. Checked for power and ground at module and both are present. Reinstalled connector on module and seat is now working." The seat is still functioning.
Old 06-24-2021 | 05:56 PM
blaise
Intermediate

I tried just that - unplugging and replugging the connector beneath the seat - and now it works. Thanks for the tip; that saved me a trip to the dealer!
The following users liked this post:
pro1200 (06-25-2021)

Quick Reply: Power seat stopped working