Sponsored by:

Car wash for a lazy person

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2024, 08:46 AM
hogimi
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
I am a big fan of XPel Ultimate PPF, especially on a black car.
I drive mine, sporadically, hard all year round (albeit in SoCal) and wash it with a self-serve car wash wand.
Go thjrough a Costco bag of new microfiber towels every two-three washes.
Use once and discard exoticcarcare.ae. If one gets dropped on the ground, toss it.

Always seal it after drying with a quality synthetic to protect the hydrophobic quality of the film.
At the 7-year mark in time, and the 26K-mile mark in use, it still turns heads and draws compliments.

Feels like cheating- no swirl marks, nor peeling, cracking or observable divots into the paint
The recently removed front bumper had PPF, and it peeled off witjout any pint adhering to the old film..
We have a fantastic automatic car wash, privately owned here in the city. I know that people have concerns about car washes. This place uses no harmful detergents, has the softest brushes, and the rail is not tall enough to do any damage at all to the wheels. Outside of the car wash there are numerous spots for wiping excess water with free microfiber towels and powerful vacuum cleaners. We pay only $53 per month for two cars for unlimited washes. I’ve already used it 4 times since I picked up the car in early May. I hope you guys have this type of quality car washes where you live.
Old 08-30-2024, 09:44 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,376 Likes on 505 Posts

Carwash:

Power wash Wheels
Spray light Cleaner (Adams Eco Wheel Cleaner)
Agitate with Microfiber towel
Rinse

Power Wash Body
Spray Foam Body (Adams Mega Foam w/ Cannon)
Agitate gently with Synthetic Wool Mitt
Rinse

Dry Wheels/Body with Blower
Wipe down car with two Clean Micro fiber Towels & Ceramic Based Detailer (Adams CS3)

Before all of that happens however the car initially goes through a decontamination Process:

Wash Car
Decontaminate Paint (Clay-Bar)
Polish (Rupees Orbital & Rupees/Adams Polish dependent on paint condition)
Decontaminate paint again with Isopropyl Alcohol (remove oils/left over polish)
Apply Ceramic Coating (allow 24hrs for full cure)

(This is done every 3-5yrs dependent on use)

A good quality ceramic coat allows water to bead and slide off of paint preventing water spotting and contaminants (IE brake dust/pollutants) from adhering to paint. Prevents bird dropping etching and mineral etching and protects against UV damage.
This time spent prepping the car also makes the routine washes that much easier and faster for the "Lazy" person.

Simply washing with Dawn and not providing the clear coat a sacrificial/protective layer is great for your 1999 Toyota Corolla but not for the car that you dump $$$ into to keep on the road and spend hours chatting about. These cars are worth the extra effort.
Old 08-30-2024, 04:10 PM
dlascoskie
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 21 Posts

I find that if I OD on Ammo NYC vids for a few hours in the morning I get super motivated by Larry's infectious enthusiasm. He's got some great tips and cleaning methods, too.

The following 2 users liked this post by dlascoskie:
Graufuchs (08-30-2024), Seacraft911 (08-30-2024)
Old 08-30-2024, 04:50 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 804 Likes on 452 Posts

pro tip: mobile detailer.

Last edited by jamesinger; 08-30-2024 at 05:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
finally! (08-30-2024)
Old 08-30-2024, 05:28 PM
finally!
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesinger
pro tip: mobile detailer.
^ T H A T ^

Quick Reply: Car wash for a lazy person