Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any BC Racing Coilovers feedabck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2021 | 04:24 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Originally Posted by DEvans997
Hi Steve - Thank you for your input. I'm in the same exact position...non-PASM, not tracking the car, don't like the massive wheel gap of the base 997's and looking to change it. For the price of Bilstein B8's and H&R or Eibach springs, I could put on BC Racing BR coilovers. I just don't anything about how they actual drive, feel, etc. How would you compare them to the stock shock/struts and springs? The outside road noise coming in...wondering what that is from...you mention upper mounts aren't reused. Guess I'll be watching your videos. What would you say was the total install time including removal of old suspension?
My car originally had PASM and I describe them as a little bit stiffer than the OE struts without PASM activated but no where near as stiff as when PASM was active. I don't miss PASM at all and coded it out of my car. A little more noise is transmitted into the chassis, but not much. The install is only a few hours but I broke it up into two days because I was taking my time and also filming the video to go along with it.

Old 05-14-2021 | 04:40 PM
Dpmarc
Rennlist Member

I was in your position 6 months ago. I decided to go with the BC's. Im non-pasm 2008 c2. Overall they are an "improvement" over stock.... Adjustable ride height is really nice. The finish and quality and fit seems to be really top notch too. I think If i were to do it over again I would save up for quality coils as everyone points out 🙄....but I was working with a budget and I think they are the best option of the "cheaper" coils. I have had them now for about 2k miles and I think Ive dialed in the settings to a sweet spot. They are a bit harsh on city roads but feel great on smooth back roads or track. I did one track day with them. I will say theres is quite a bit more up and down hesatation/movement then I would like on harsh dips in the road. But it is true, you get what you pay for. The shock internals are just not what Ohlins, or bilstiens would be. I guess it all depends on what your goals are and what your budget is. Let me know if you have any more questions.
The following users liked this post:
DEvans997 (05-15-2021)
Old 05-15-2021 | 08:52 AM
911's
Advanced

i've diy my bc's over 3 years now with no issues whatsoever. ones "installed, tuned, dialed in properly", you'll have excellent coilovers.

The following 2 users liked this post by 911's:
DEvans997 (05-15-2021), Dpmarc (05-15-2021)
Old 05-15-2021 | 12:17 PM
Dpmarc
Rennlist Member

What dampening settings are you on?
Old 05-15-2021 | 12:18 PM
Dpmarc
Rennlist Member

Thanks!

Originally Posted by 911's
i've diy my bc's over 3 years now with no issues whatsoever. ones "installed, tuned, dialed in properly", you'll have excellent coilovers.
Old 05-16-2021 | 03:36 AM
911's
Advanced

i'll check my log book and get back to you it's been 3 years since the install

Last edited by 911's; 05-16-2021 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-16-2021 | 03:39 AM
911's
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dpmarc

Thanks!
dampening settings is a matter of personal preference, some prefer softer ride when others want a more solid ride/handling, i'm on 20 front and 25 rear from soft zero clicks to hard.

Last edited by 911's; 05-17-2021 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2021 | 03:25 PM
Skube
Rennlist Member

For those that have installed the BCs for 997.2s does the kits come with top hats installed on all four, or just the rears? I assume you reuse your front top hats/bearings/etc.?

Some of the pictures show tops hats installed on all four, some dont.

Was also considering Ohlins, those look like to reuse all 4 OEM top hats, or go aftermarket.
Old 06-04-2021 | 02:49 PM
TheMurse
Racer

Just a quick resurrection of this tread to vent a little about manufacturing/shipping delays. I ordered the Y-19-BR coilovers in mid-March and I've since been given the following ship dates:

April 14
May 31
June 9
June 15

For what it's worth BC Racing has been responsive enough but the wait is killing me
Old 06-06-2021 | 08:49 AM
997ajk
Pro

Originally Posted by TheMurse
Just a quick resurrection of this tread to vent a little about manufacturing/shipping delays. I ordered the Y-19-BR coilovers in mid-March and I've since been given the following ship dates:

April 14
May 31
June 9
June 15

For what it's worth BC Racing has been responsive enough but the wait is killing me
Supply chain delays these days are real.

Check out Feal Suspension, I chose it for number of reasons over the BC, they have many applications and customization options .

Price is very similar and inexpensive rebuild costs and ability to make changes later are a plus .

https://fealsuspensionstore.com/feal...1&Make=Porsche

for C4 / AWD models they include all the top hats and even front sway bar links .

ive used mine for about a year - they are well made - drove with them in the Canadian winter and no issues either .
TheMurse (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021 | 09:32 PM
Dubber
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NC997.2S
Any BC Racing feedback?
Yes. Don’t.

Bilstein or KW for “cheap” coil overs. But realistically, spend money. Spend it well. Moton, KW Clubsport, Bilstein B16, JRZ, Penske, something double adjustable.
Kind of aggressive no? Have you tried them? I just put them in a couple months ago and love them. Also know three other 911's who enjoy them. I've owned Bilstein, KW, H&R in the passed on other cars and with a truthful comparison, these are well suited.
benznotmercedes (06-09-2021)
Old 06-08-2021 | 01:03 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 997ajk
Supply chain delays these days are real.

Check out Feal Suspension, I chose it for number of reasons over the BC, they have many applications and customization options .

Price is very similar and inexpensive rebuild costs and ability to make changes later are a plus .

https://fealsuspensionstore.com/feal...1&Make=Porsche

for C4 / AWD models they include all the top hats and even front sway bar links .

ive used mine for about a year - they are well made - drove with them in the Canadian winter and no issues either .
How's the ride quality? Did you get Swift springs too? Which set up did you get?

I'm also Canadian (Edmonton), but I don't winter drive my car. That said, because of the frost heaves, the roads here are terrible. Terrible!!
Old 06-08-2021 | 03:40 PM
997ajk
Pro

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
How's the ride quality? Did you get Swift springs too? Which set up did you get?

I'm also Canadian (Edmonton), but I don't winter drive my car. That said, because of the frost heaves, the roads here are terrible. Terrible!!
441+ with Swift springs ! Ride quality it smooth, quiet, well dampened and no issues. Adjustability does work and makes a difference, would have possibly gotten slightly lower rates and standard springs next time around, as roads here have gotten a handful since COVID.

Original reason for Swift spring was the quality, how light they are and their way of keeping the form intact.

Saaboteur (06-08-2021)
Old 06-08-2021 | 05:03 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 997ajk
441+ with Swift springs ! Ride quality it smooth, quiet, well dampened and no issues. Adjustability does work and makes a difference, would have possibly gotten slightly lower rates and standard springs next time around, as roads here have gotten a handful since COVID.

Original reason for Swift spring was the quality, how light they are and their way of keeping the form intact.

Nice, I see they came with top mounts too!
Old 06-08-2021 | 10:12 PM
997ajk
Pro

Yes, complete mounts and even includes adjustable swaybar links...

Cheapest place to get them in Canada:
https://www.iraceautosports.com/shop...al-suspension/

Additionally, if you have C2(S), take a look at Fortune Auto, they list C4/AWD but that's not correct.

Quick Reply: Any BC Racing Coilovers feedabck?