Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freemont California Porsche Shop for PPI??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 02:46 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,912 Likes on 2,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Groov is back! I assume the recovery has gone well? Going for a MT or a PDK this time around based on the recovery?
Whats up Petza!
Healing process will take a total of a year to get my knee back to climbing stairs without using handrails and also been a challenge just trying to walk without a limp.
My left lower leg was in brace and kept straight for 3 months that now I have to learn to bend it properly when walking and it's very week just under the kneecap where Patella Tendon was re-attached.
As far as driving, I wasn't supposed to drive for 3 months but I was back in my SUV 10 days after surgery. Couldn't deal with wife/daughter driving me around so I rigged my SUV with pillows on seat so I could use my left leg on gas pedal while it was in brace being held straight. Also had to have my seat back all the way down. Basically held myself up holding onto steering wheel. I found out later from nurse it is against the law to drive with the brace because it is considered being disabled.
I was also foolish enough to drive my 997S after selling it to meet the shipper since he couldn't get his 80' car hauler anywhere close to downtown Seattle. Took me long time to get in, was a bitch trying to shift and I had to crawl out of car on my hands like alligator. My wife followed me and got a real kick out of it.
My SUV is automatic and for the past month the brace has been off I am able to now use my left foot for the brake with no problem. The knee area gets sore as hell after only a 1 hour drive so when I stop I have to stretch it for a minute before walking.
Doc says it takes a year and to be patient - Being patient isn't easy.

The 997 I'm looking at is Manual Transmission and of course silver/black - I will fill you in when I close the deal in a couple of days. Busy sweet talking wife. She's not happy with me getting another Porsche so soon after surgery

Quick Reply: Freemont California Porsche Shop for PPI??