David Berry
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Oh, keep it! Sounds like heaven, screw the phone
Old 04-23-2021, 10:42 AM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,149 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Gonna invest in a GoPro and record some glorious sounds, especially thru tunnels.....
Old 04-26-2021, 08:58 AM
roccocaiazza
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bluetooth

I have the Bluetooth option for the phone and it works well. I can Connect my IPhone through the aux port and play music. Is there another way to connect through the Bluetooth to play music and other functions?
Old 04-26-2021, 09:06 AM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roccocaiazza
I have the Bluetooth option for the phone and it works well. I can Connect my IPhone through the aux port and play music. Is there another way to connect through the Bluetooth to play music and other functions?
I have been doing exactly what you are doing, but yesterday I realized that my phone wasn't being charged as it should be when connected to the armrest connections. Not sure if its the actual Porsche cable or the connection inside the armrest itself. I just ordered a Bovee 1000 BT dongle to attach the the 30 pin Porsche cable. According to what I've read, it should allow for seamless BT streaming of iPhone music to PCM, but you obviously lose the phone re-charging aspect of the hardwire setup. My plan is to order a 3D printed ashtray insert and mount my phone on it. Recharging can be accomplished, if needed, via a cigarette lighter USB adapter and short USB/Lightning cable. If you dont want your phone mounted at all (i do to see Waze app) you can use the Bovee adapter and just leave your phone in your pocket and all should work.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:48 AM
roccocaiazza
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ashtray insert

Originally Posted by Optionman1
I have been doing exactly what you are doing, but yesterday I realized that my phone wasn't being charged as it should be when connected to the armrest connections. Not sure if its the actual Porsche cable or the connection inside the armrest itself. I just ordered a Bovee 1000 BT dongle to attach the the 30 pin Porsche cable. According to what I've read, it should allow for seamless BT streaming of iPhone music to PCM, but you obviously lose the phone re-charging aspect of the hardwire setup. My plan is to order a 3D printed ashtray insert and mount my phone on it. Recharging can be accomplished, if needed, via a cigarette lighter USB adapter and short USB/Lightning cable. If you dont want your phone mounted at all (i do to see Waze app) you can use the Bovee adapter and just leave your phone in your pocket and all should work.
where do u get the ashtray insert
Old 04-26-2021, 09:53 AM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

https://www.planet-9.com/threads/mad...shtray.115066/

Shapeways.com Can match interior color, I ordered in black
Old 04-26-2021, 10:26 AM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

With the hardwired connection I am getting Waze audio warnings through the car speakers off my iPhone, not sure if the Bovee will do that or only BT stream music.
Old 11-19-2023, 11:30 AM
irontmp
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Optionman1
Just started putting miles on my 997.2 4s. Car has factory BT connectivity for iPhone and the universal audio interface in the center console. I have successfully synched my iPhone X via BT and also have the 30 pin to lightning adaptor and successfully see all my music on the center screen. When connected to the center console interface I can receive Waze audio warnings through the car audio even though I can't see my iPhone screen since it's not mounted yet. My question regards answering an incoming call. Last night I had everything connected and happened to see on the very bottom of my center screen that I was receiving a call, but I didn't hear it ring and couldn't figure out how to answer the call. Should I have heard the ringing read more my tech simply? How exactly do you answer an incoming call? My steering wheel is not stock, it was replaced with an Alcantara Sports Steering wheel. Were there buttons on the stock steering wheel to answer/make a call?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Hope someone can help me how do I answer an incoming call,I’ve tried the OK button without success! I’m using an IPhone is there any specific settings I need to do on my phone? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited by irontmp; 11-19-2023 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Hands Free Phone Question