Sponsored by:

Free! 997.2 center muffler - NOW

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 09:09 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
I am moving to Atlanta area.. north perimeter. My sister and her kids are all there and having babies.... taxes are less than half of what I am paying now... homes are about 30% cheaper although they are having the same crazy inflation as here outside of Philly. Politics? Well I grew up in Western PA ... so very similar to the "laser beams from space" thing so I will be right at home. Biggest win besides taxes is the weather and nicer people. Philly is fine, but has that edge of America's North East.

Porsche content: Look out for my third radiator addition. I was getting super-high-for-me oil temps down there in August... kinda freaked me out. So.... a project !!! I was hesitant to do it here in Philly as I drive my car in the dead of winter and didn't want to slow warm up times.

Birds! Ha! Did you know New Jersey has the 2nd most species of birds in the USA? As I got into it, I am constantly amazed at what I find out there. I hope GA has even half of what NJ has. Below from just the last few weeks.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Nice shots! Have you looked ar the RF 600/11 or the RF 800/11 lenses?
Old 04-14-2021, 10:50 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,642 Likes on 979 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Nice shots! Have you looked ar the RF 600/11 or the RF 800/11 lenses?
Thanx!! How did you know I used at R5? Could you see the metadata?

I have no desire for these new RF lenses... the max aperture is f/11. That is just awful.... I don't understand Canon's strategy... yes they are very inexpensive but you would have to shoot very high ISOs, and frankly, the R5 is not professional quality above ISO 1000. For birding, I use an EF 600 IS f/4.0 Gen II, truly a world-class lens. Canon will be releasing the RF equivalent to my EF lens in July, but I see no real benefit trading one for another. I have to have that wide aperture to get the shutter speed and low noise.... as would anyone who is serious about image quality.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 04-14-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Free! 997.2 center muffler - NOW