Sponsored by:

Comments on CarID D2S wing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 11:19 AM
EdwardB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments on CarID D2S wing?

Has anyone had any experience with the D2S aero kit rear deck/wing sold by Carid?

In particular, quality, fit, paint match etc. of the carbon fibre unit? (I’m assuming only the blade is CF but I could be wrong).

https://www.carid.com/2011-porsche-911-series-spoiler/d2s-rear-wing-spoiler-25586889.html?parentsubmodel=SUBMODEL Coupe
Old 11-26-2017, 04:11 PM
texcwa
Racer

I know that I am not in my forum but felt obligated to share my experience with Carid. My wife's car was a Dodge Charger RT AWD that did not come with the rear spoiler. I got one from carid and although the fit and color were good but the construction was poor, The bottom mounting sections cracked in a couple of years and was out of warranty. I then got a second one (again from carid) and this time the mounting cracked again but within the warranty period. After making a claim and sending pictures, they rejected my claim saying it was the way I mounted it (note it was mounted through the factory mounting holes and following the directions) I ordered a third one and the paint was bad, Only had the car for a few months after third one but expected it to also break. I will never buy from them again.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:23 PM
EdwardB
Instructor

Originally Posted by texcwa
I know that I am not in my forum but felt obligated to share my experience with Carid. My wife's car was a Dodge Charger RT AWD that did not come with the rear spoiler. I got one from carid and although the fit and color were good but the construction was poor, The bottom mounting sections cracked in a couple of years and was out of warranty. I then got a second one (again from carid) and this time the mounting cracked again but within the warranty period. After making a claim and sending pictures, they rejected my claim saying it was the way I mounted it (note it was mounted through the factory mounting holes and following the directions) I ordered a third one and the paint was bad, Only had the car for a few months after third one but expected it to also break. I will never buy from them again.
Thanks for the feedback. Was your Charger wing also made by D2S? (Looks to me that CarID is a distributor and not the manufacturer).

BTW why would you have gone back to them a second time, let alone a third?
Old 11-26-2017, 10:32 PM
texcwa
Racer

Originally Posted by EdwardB
Thanks for the feedback. Was your Charger wing also made by D2S? (Looks to me that CarID is a distributor and not the manufacturer).

No, the manufacturer was not D2S and they may make a better product. My problem was with carid and their customer service. They would not stand behind their warranty and could give a !!!! about their customer. I went back to carid only because I wanted to make sure the attachment fasteners were in same location so that I would not have holes in my trunk. After doing a bit of research I found that different manufactures had different hole layouts (did not want a leak)
Old 04-14-2021, 11:25 PM
JOSH SALINAS
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by EdwardB

hey did you end up getting the D2S wing and was it any good?

Quick Reply: Comments on CarID D2S wing?